What beer do you like?

I brew me own [from the ground up] these days but Bass from the hand pump at the now deceased Red House in the Royal Borough of Leamington Spa was the best beer ever to wet a whistle
On the other hand Ansells from the hand pump was very tasty too , me and my best mate Sam [ who spent the entire war on HMS Glasgow] frequently made it to double figures when in session

Purple Para shoots, a shot of port floating on top of rough.

Or

Replace Port with Pernod, last mouth full neat Pernod, yum.

Down the boat when having a social, we made them (Purple Parachutes) as 'knicker droppers' from Diamond White with rum floated on top.

The number of times my knickers dropped was amazing!

Had a pint of Dartmoor's Dragon's Breath at the Old Inn, Widecombe-in-the Moor, yesterday. I think it's really a winter warmer beer, but suited me fine. Might have been coincidence, but as we drove up to Haytor the visibility was crystal-clear and we could see the Channel beyond the Devon coast.

As an aside ( and because I was driving I couldn't get a picture for the Pointless Signs thread) the village sign as we arrived had been altered to "Widecombe-in-the-Mood".

Had a pint of Dartmoor's Dragon's Breath at the Old Inn, Widecombe-in-the Moor, yesterday. I think it's really a winter warmer beer, but suited me fine. Might have been coincidence, but as we drove up to Haytor the visibility was crystal-clear and we could see the Channel beyond the Devon coast.

As an aside ( and because I was driving I couldn't get a picture for the Pointless Signs thread) the village sign as we arrived had been altered to "Widecombe-in-the-Mood".
I got very wobbly on Dragon's Breath. My local serves a lot of Dartmoor Ales and Sharpes Breweries beers, well, they are local ones so no surprise there.

Had a change tonight, a couple of pints of Butty Bach (Wye ValleyBreweries) and very nice too!
Back on Stowfords cider tomorrow though, going down the local to watch the MotoGP.

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
when I was a 16 yo skin JASA2 at my first draft Culdrose, I was taken out for my first beer by a couple of SAs to the Blue Anchor in Helston which had it's own micro brewery and I had my first pint of Spingo (11d a pint springs to mind)
They also used to produce 'Owd Roger' which they would only sell to you if they knew you and that you could handle it as it was so strong

Went back there recently and bugger me - they still produce Spingo (48 years later) mind you now £4 a bottle to us grockles !!

1537696752908.png
1537696792789.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skyvet Social & Reunions 17
MG Maniac Diamond Lil's 26
Stirling Diamond Lil's 31