What beer do you like?

Sumo

War Hero
Me likey much more!!!

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.
Try not to take to much with you, as belly full of ale and sea travel do not mix very well especially in roughers?

caldee22

Lantern Swinger
Tsingtao is out of this world. Had it at a Chinese restaurant a few years back and only found out they sold it in asda, a few months back.

taffscrivs

War Hero
If visiting the South Herefordshire/ Welsh Border country pay a visit to the Gwatkin Farm Shop & Cider Mill, Abbey Dore, Herefordshire. The cider made here will blow your brains out and the perry, well, all I can say is drink it at your own risk!

taffscrivs

War Hero
Titanic brewery 'Steerage' bloody good session beer. Tried it last summer in a pub in Buxton, got our landlord to get a barrel in as a guest ale and it sold out in a weekend.

soleil

War Hero
I'm generally more of a G and T or Spritzer drinker (plus the odd sherry or Tia Maria), but I like a half of beer if I'm in a nice pub where they serve a good ploughman's lunch, as a good beer really complements the cheese. Old Speckled Hen goes well, as does a Guinness, but I like to check out what the popular local beer is and have a little taste of that.

When I lived in Brussels, I would have the occasional glass of Kriek, which is made from cherries or choose whatever was being recommended to me, ditto in Germany, where there are so many beers to choose from and the novice can be quite bewildered. The slogan for the Munich beer, Paulaner, is "Gut, besser, Paulaner!" - it was a regular ad on the radio - and I had the occasional glass of that when I lived in Germany.

huwshpis

War Hero
Showing my age again, I used to drink CSB, Courage Directors, Young's, Theakston's, Felinfoel, Brickwood's, Badger and quite a few more, but I find them far too sweet for the most part these days. Wine, gin, rum (especially Gosling's), port, brandy and an occasional cider are my current tipples of choice, but I'm too busy to go out on the p*ss very often.

fishhead

War Hero
Showing my age again, I used to drink CSB, Courage Directors, Young's, Theakston's, Felinfoel, Brickwood's, Badger and quite a few more, but I find them far too sweet for the most part these days. Wine, gin, rum (especially Gosling's), port, brandy and an occasional cider are my current tipples of choice, but I'm too busy to go out on the p*ss very often.
Really???????????? Damned awful stuff. I applaud your other choices but Brickwoods....bleh!!!

Knotty

Lantern Swinger
I have just returned home from my local where I consumed a very lovely 3 x pints of Timothy Taylors Landlord. Yum Yum.
One of my favourites would have to be Forty Niner - usually a lovely pint

Sumo

War Hero
Theakston’s old peculiar, Marston’s Pedigree, Bass, JT’s XXX ( local brew near Derby, micro brewer back in the 70’s), Robinsons, plus many more, my brother was a member of http://www.camra.org.uk/ so we went all over for good beer, the way the landlord looked after the beer could make or break the beer quality.

Dusty70

War Hero
I now live in Bexhill, just down the road from Lewes where the local brewery is Harvey's

Their Sussex ale, and Bonfire and Christmas ales are amongst the best I've tasted

Stirlin

War Hero
I now live in Bexhill, just down the road from Lewes where the local brewery is Harvey's

Their Sussex ale, and Bonfire and Christmas ales are amongst the best I've tasted
That Black Stout looks good Dusty.
taff , they used to serve Titbred Wankered in The Yorkshire Grey on Commercial Road.....bleh , forgot the names but there was some god awfull beer dished up in Chatham/Gillingham.

Latest Threads