What beer do you like?

BusterQuin

War Hero
Book Reviewer
A new brewery that will be opening in Priddys Hard, Gosport this year
Ex England hooker Steve Thompson is a company director, so they have a rugby themed range called Hop and Hooker that they are currently brewing in Reading. I've tried their pale ale and found it a bit bland.
They are going to be brewing other ales once set up and intend to open a tap room
They own a sports bar/restaurant in Clarence Yard called the Bakers Bar(spookily in the old RN Victualling Yard Bakery) with views across the harbour to the carrier berths
https://powdermonkeybrewing.com/our-story/
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/lifest...eils-plans-historic-site-priddys-hard-3003517

LifebuoyGhost

Lantern Swinger
A new brewery that will be opening in Priddys Hard, Gosport this year
Ex England hooker Steve Thompson is a company director, so they have a rugby themed range called Hop and Hooker that they are currently brewing in Reading. I've tried their pale ale and found it a bit bland.
They are going to be brewing other ales once set up and intend to open a tap room
They own a sports bar/restaurant in Clarence Yard called the Bakers Bar(spookily in the old RN Victualling Yard Bakery) with views across the harbour to the carrier berths
https://powdermonkeybrewing.com/our-story/
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/lifest...eils-plans-historic-site-priddys-hard-3003517
Isn’t that where the old munitions museum used to be - or am I thinking of somewhere else

Dusty70

War Hero
just been (dragged) to the garden centre + on plus side this was on sale leftover from Christmas - will let you know in morning (or maybe afternoon!!) what it was like.......4% whisky cask aged
1613752562748.png

Stirlin

War Hero

From just up the road in Knaresborough , blood red which is apt , had it on keg and it looks like a pint of tomato juice and tastes divine . '' Wot u drinkin Stirl ? '' '' Tomato juice ''
'' Why are you staggering about like a crab ? ''
'' Av got this inner ear problem makes me look pissed ''.............'' Yeah right ''.

Stirlin

War Hero
Have already told you that there is a pub in York named after me
'' The House of Trembling Madness '' , thing is it was not big enough to accommodate my big head so they opened a second pub.
Now on the scene is an ale that I can call my own.....

1631303675894.png

LOCO JUICE [Core Range]

'' Our easy drinking tropical pale ale, brewed year round. Mango & Pineapple provide an explosion of tropical refreshment in this super fresh & juicy beer. ''

Translated.......it tastes bloody good.

Wightsparker

War Hero
Have already told you that there is a pub in York named after me
'' The House of Trembling Madness '' , thing is it was not big enough to accommodate my big head so they opened a second pub.
Now on the scene is an ale that I can call my own.....

View attachment 59523

LOCO JUICE [Core Range]

'' Our easy drinking tropical pale ale, brewed year round. Mango & Pineapple provide an explosion of tropical refreshment in this super fresh & juicy beer. ''

Translated.......it tastes bloody good.
'Ow much?!!!!!!!!"

Stirlin

War Hero
'Ow much?!!!!!!!!"

Yes we have met on a few occasions enjoying DTS but I must be getting mellow as the penny pinching Yorkshire crown has slipped from my head , I could not give a shit what it cost as long as it tastes good.......cue my dad Oliver turning over in his grave.

Wightsparker

War Hero
Yes we have met on a few occasions enjoying DTS but I must be getting mellow as the penny pinching Yorkshire crown has slipped from my head , I could not give a shit what it cost as long as it tastes good.......cue my dad Oliver turning over in his grave.
In all honesty, despite the fact that I wind up Mrs W for being a Yorkshire lass, I really can't think of a mean Yorkshireman. Careful, yes, but mean - no.
And without causing unnecessary strife within the UK, I would say the same of Scots.

With one exception. But that's a different dit.