What bag do I take to HMS Raleigh?

Hi All,

I just finished packing and realized I don't have a big enough bag for all my stuff, Would a smaller sized suitcase be ok or will should i seek a bigger duffel bag?

Take it in a gash bag, fill locker, ditch bag. When you leave Raleigh stick it all in the Gucci bag they give you.

A bloke on 820 used to take all his gear on board in gash bags, never had to store a suitcase/kitbag etc.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hi All,

I just finished packing and realized I don't have a big enough bag for all my stuff, Would a smaller sized suitcase be ok or will should i seek a bigger duffel bag?
Difficult shout, I feel your pain.

The trouble with duffle bags (or coats) is they're cruel to duffles. If all the gear won't fit into a standard sized large suitcase or backpack one of two things has occurred:

1. You are taking additional stuff which is not on the kitlist and therefore not required.

2. Your bag's too small.

Difficult shout, I feel your pain.

The trouble with duffle bags (or coats) is they're cruel to duffles. If all the gear won't fit into a standard sized large suitcase or backpack one of two things has occurred:

1. You are taking additional stuff which is not on the kitlist and therefore not required.

2. Your bag's too small.
OR

Your stuff is too big.

Does 'and shit like that' include PS4/XBox* (delete as applicable), iPods, laptops etc.
If yes - unpack and try again!!!
When I was at Cottesmore on 1(F) Squadron we were embarking on Lusty, one of the crabs had two Huge Samsonite Suitcases, his PlayStation and his Squash Racket. Asked where he expected to stow the suitcases his reply was "Wont the stewards take them and store then until I get off?". And as for Squash he assumed the fwd hangar would be cordoned off when not used!!! (maybe that was a bite he bit on).