Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are my chances?

Hello to all,

Another Newbie to add to the collection! I'm 17 years young, female, from Northumberland and currently in the process of joining as an AET. Nice to meet you all :)

Of course I have a problem for you all to help with...After having my medical earlier this week the doctor would not pass me as I declared I suffered from mild to moderate eczema. I've been to see my own GP for his report on my condition. Obviously it is out of my hands at the moment, although I can't help worrying that this will stop me from getting in. If anyone has any information for cases like this or any personal experience I would be grateful if you would share it please.

Becky
 

Taloolah

Banned
Yeah....get yourself to a chinese doctor.....Dr China or the like a.s.a.p. They can help you.GP's are f***ing useless, only offer creams and steroids which do not attack the cause.

Also, stay off dairy products, they are renowned for causing eczema if you are vulnerable to this.It may mean you're stuck on hot water instead of tea for the duration of your boot camp session, but hey, take herbal teabags.
Eat a handful of almonds each day and up you spinach intake to compensate for the loss of calcium from dairy.
 

andym

War Hero
I would be extremly cautious of going to a "Chinese Practitioner".The stuff they use is all unregulated,the origins usually unknown and untested.There re reports of Traditional Chinese remedies causing untold problems.Eczema isnt an automatic bar to joining up as far as i know.
 

Topaz

Lantern Swinger
andym said:
I would be extremly cautious of going to a "Chinese Practitioner".The stuff they use is all unregulated,the origins usually unknown and untested.There re reports of Traditional Chinese remedies causing untold problems.Eczema isnt an automatic bar to joining up as far as i know.


Haha I agree
The doctor that did my medical was chinese
I thought there was more to a medical then being poked in the stomach =/
 

Dutch

Badgeman
Topaz said:
andym said:
I would be extremly cautious of going to a "Chinese Practitioner".The stuff they use is all unregulated,the origins usually unknown and untested.There re reports of Traditional Chinese remedies causing untold problems.Eczema isnt an automatic bar to joining up as far as i know.


Haha I agree
The doctor that did my medical was chinese
I thought there was more to a medical then being poked in the stomach =/

My medical was with a Chinese doctor also. Where is your AFCO Topaz? Lincoln by any chance? I thought you would have one nearer to Scunthorpe perhaps?
 

Topaz

Lantern Swinger
Dutch said:
Topaz said:
andym said:
I would be extremly cautious of going to a "Chinese Practitioner".The stuff they use is all unregulated,the origins usually unknown and untested.There re reports of Traditional Chinese remedies causing untold problems.Eczema isnt an automatic bar to joining up as far as i know.


Haha I agree
The doctor that did my medical was chinese
I thought there was more to a medical then being poked in the stomach =/

My medical was with a Chinese doctor also. Where is your AFCO Topaz? Lincoln by any chance? I thought you would have one nearer to Scunthorpe perhaps?


Haha yeah it was in lincoln
Dr LI ;)

The only other ones near Scunthorpe are in Hull and Grimsby
Thing about going to Lincoln afco is I get to go shopping afterwards! HAHA :D
 
Yes perhaps I'll stay clear of chinese doctors and medicine then! I stopped using the GP's cream a while ago and starting using 'Dream Cream' from Lush instead. Works much more better then any steroids rubbish they prescribe you. Hopefully the doctor will pass me when he has my GP's report and it won't take too long. I think its only serious cases that they don't let you in. Thanks for the help.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R TMU for past bout of depression, what are my chances? Joining the Royal Navy 11
MoD_RSS UK Government further boosts chances of UK receiving COVID-19 vaccine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government further boosts chances of UK receiving COVID-19 vaccine MoD News 0
C Chances of passing my medical?: previous mental health Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
L Medically discharged at Raleigh - chances of rejoining? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A Accelerated Apprentice Selection Chances Joining the Royal Navy 2
E AA ET/ME Recruitment chances Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Have I messed up my chances of joining? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
TechFin The Chances of becoming an officer with only A-levels? The Fleet Air Arm 19
S Medical board chances of being discharged after just having an op Blogs 1
John the Baptist Are the chances of getting taken on as a biomedical science trainee good or sheit? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Onestep Chances of comando aricrew The Fleet Air Arm 36
P 53yo female-= what's the realistic chances of being able to join RFA 7
J Chances of becoming lightning II pilot? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
southernbhoy96 Asthma chances need advice Health & Fitness 10
A Chances Of Selection Into BRNC for Pilot Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 51
C Medical chances? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
B F-35 Pilot chances? The Fleet Air Arm 18
ISeeThreeShips Better Chances Of Getting Back In If You've Previously Served? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
I Chances of Getting Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
J Selection Interview Success !!! Realistic chances of a commission ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B What the chances? RFA 4
N Realistically - what are my chances? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
O Fleet Air Arm chances? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Ninja_Stoker How improve your chances of joining the Royal Navy - quicker than the rest. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Chances of changing from Warfare GS to Aircrew? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
P So many Newbies..Whats our chances??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
trelawney126 New Blow to Bliars chances of becomming EU President Current Affairs 15
T Wreath Claim - Has Boris scuppered chances of becoming PM The Gash Barge 3
GuyC What are my chances!? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
B could acute sciatica hinder my chances Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
L leaving it late-what are my chances Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
Similar threads
































Top