What an expensive shambles

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Art the Fart, Feb 22, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As of today, the MOD has wasted £4,448,928 on legal fees to wealthy London Chambers, defending its flawed case against British Nuclear Test Veterans' War Pension claims. They have paid the Fijian and New Zealand veterans-but not our own.
    This obscene amount includes some £500,000 thrown away on the two latestTribunals conducted by the late Judge Stubbs and Mr Justice Charles in the Upper Chamber who decreed the MOD had misapplied the law.

Ouch! All that money down the drain.
    It all has to start again.

What a pity those NS Crabs and Brownjobs and some RN ones ashore in HMS Resolution, couldn't have survived--worked for the MOD developing Repetitive Strain Injury limping and smiling all the way to the bank.

So far as I know Granny and I, who were some miles away from the detonations at sea are, more or less all right. Not so our colleagues ashore and aboard HMS Diana who sailed through the descended mushroom cloud protected by anti-flash gear and inadequate fire pumps attempting to wash away the radio-active debris.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Where are the ninjas?

I demand to see ninjas.
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

5. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

My memory of this period is of sailing back to Christmas Island under a blanket of fog/mist, the harbour littered with dead fish and seabirds. As I have written before... 'They wouldn't put the crew in harms way, Would they' ?
  6. witsend

7. witsend

Maybe you could just use a Jedi mind tick and fool everyone into thinking their seeing a link Yoda. Your powers are weak!
  8. Without the M obviously!