What am i really going to earn

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by theplumber, May 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Looking to join the RN as a Engineering Technician (Marine Engineering Submariner) ive got a young family to support so just trying to find out what the real pay is going to be. Anyfeed back much appreciated

Cheers :?:

2. £32,531 Plus £15. 95 a day flying pay Luvely Jubley :lol: :lol: can i sign on again??? 8) 8)

3. cheers scouse,

How long before im on that pay after phase 1, Whats flying pay?

Cheers

4. ThePlumber

I think that Scouse is quoting what he would be earning if he were still serving at the level he was at when he left (he was aircrew).

Your level will be different - see my link.

5. £13,337 starters. For you young Nozz then the worlds your oyster :wink: :wink:

6. Now would that be a Dockyard Oyster Scouse? :p

7. Theplumber, you'll be on £13,377 pa for your first 6 months, you'll then get bumped to £16,681. After that your pay will go up in increments annually or with promotion.

That's shore side of course, while at sea you'll be eligible for sea pay which should be a couple of hundred quid a month, though I'm not sure what the lowest rate is at the moment.

I wouldn't want to raise a family on that, I can only just feed myself!

8. I wouldn't get out of bed for that, pauper.

9. Kinell you must have a good arse if you can make more than £32K a year out of it. :p

10. Not my arse, Maddie McCann's.

11. I earn less than that as a Paramedic. FFS :roll: :roll: