Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What about the bars in Gib in the........................

doberman

Re: What about the bars in Gib in the.......................

if i remember right i used to partake in the odd drink in a bar called " 6 steps down " was ment to be the smallest pub in the world, does any one remember it or the name of the place you had to go through the rock tunnel to get to and the floor was made out of broken grave stones [ i think ] my times in Gib are very "hazey"

safewalrus

War Hero
'6 steps down' was just off the main drag I believe, nice little pub but hardly the place for a mess run (unless it was the RPO's mess)!

TOMSUDDES said:
I was that singer in Gib 1971-73!
I enjoyed running the Gib Folk Club, organising folk concerts in the large concert hall near the old naafi at the end of Main Street and also singing in the Captains Cabin bar.

Oh what memories and all that pussers rum that was still for sale behind the bar at £3 per bottle

I remember it well
Tom Suddes
(Soapy)

Remember when you saved up all the door money for weeks and got
Martin Carter over to do a gig, Brilliant that

Then the other guy (so famous I have forgotten his name ;-) ah Bill Barclay it was, Who popped over to Ceuta and got stoned lol (allegedly)

Yeah great times Soapy, I have PM'd you, Captains Cabin was Comms watering hole them days Tony Stanford, Lizzie, Julie and I send our best mate
Jack McHammocklashing RO9

TOMSUDDES

Midshipman

Jock
you have a very good memory.
yes I remember Martin Carter very well. He was the one who went over the Ceuta and game back completely stoned. They had an informal folk night with him sitting on a stool with his guitar unable to do anything but sit and smile. I was on the night watch in the commcen that night and remember everyone talking about it.

Bill Barlcay was very funny and I still have a signed record of his 'the twelve days of Christmas' which is still very amusing.

What are you doing now?
I am presently in the Swindon area
07960 897037
Tom Suddes

TOMSUDDES said:
Jock
you have a very good memory.
yes I remember Martin Carter very well. He was the one who went over the Ceuta and game back completely stoned. They had an informal folk night with him sitting on a stool with his guitar unable to do anything but sit and smile. I was on the night watch in the commcen that night and remember everyone talking about it.

Bill Barlcay was very funny and I still have a signed record of his 'the twelve days of Christmas' which is still very amusing.

What are you doing now?
I am presently in the Swindon area
07960 897037
Tom Suddes

Tom edit your post to remove your phone number

Ninja sorry got carried away not met for 35yrs :)

Soapy pm'd you

Regards Jack McH

alacrity174

War Hero
Gib, bloody good run ashore, first time I went there border was still closed and Jack could do just about anything he wanted, next time back border was open and we were all told to behave as they wanted tourists from Spain to come visit.

Remember most of the pubs listed, have fond memories of most, Paddingtons for a big bar fight one Saturday afternoon with the Crabs before the provost turned up. Charlies Hole in the Wall with all the nicks on the wall and cap tallies all over and back to Bucs for a boogie. What about the sailing club is that still thee, used to be good for a cooth run, but never managed to trap there.

Whiting and chips on way back on board and half a chicken for SCC watchkeepers. Plus who could forget having a San Mig with your Wimpy burger, arrrgghhhhh great times.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Nail bars, salons and some outdoor venues to reopen in Leicester MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ilfracombe rapist will spend longer behind bars MoD News 0
T Medical Bars? Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS Violent and sexual offenders to spend longer behind bars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fiona Dickie urges tenants to provide evidence relevant to the investigation into Star Pubs & Bars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Investigation into Star Pubs & Bars Limited MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Hampshire hammer attacker to spend longer behind bars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Domestic abuser to spend more time behind bars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Dstl forensic experts put 'revenge plotter' behind bars MoD News 0
scouse Pensioners behind bars!!! Diamond Lil's 3
scouse Pensioners behind bars Diamond Lil's 0
K Bars we have visited over the years History 94
MasterChief Medal Ribbons, Medal Bars on 3s The Quarterdeck 16
E Best/Worst Nightclubs and Bars Diamond Lil's 144
scousesubmariner best submariner bars in the country Submariners 58
Father_Famine Bar in Liverpool Bars Royal Marines who attended funeral Current Affairs 46
SONAR-BENDER I'm off to Gib tomorrow...... Diamond Lil's 8
Stirlin Gib super yacht . Travel & The Great Outdoors 46
AAF Monkey business in Gib. The Quarterdeck 5
soleil Carat: "The RN, TalkSPORT, Gib & Darren Gough - An Exciting Sponsorship Adventure" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 6
soleil Gib Chronicle: "Peer’s Navy Warning Over Gibraltar" Bases / Shore Est 9
soleil Vox (Gib): "Change Of Governor Of Gibraltar" The Corps 1
andym Gib Poll goes Viral! Current Affairs 2
soleil BBC: "New Tricks" - Filmed in Gib - Tuesday, 30/07/13 - 2100 Bases / Shore Est 30
trelawney126 Spanish Kings in laws move to Gib Diamond Lil's 1
soleil Vox (Gib): "Royal Marines’ Rock Run Today" The Corps 0
trelawney126 Spain in Gib Excursion HMS Scimitar Current Affairs 0
soleil Gibraltar Chronicle: "Royal Navy Signals Readiness To Protect Gib Waters" Bases / Shore Est 6
soleil Gibraltar Chronicle: "New Boathouse For Gib Squadron" Bases / Shore Est 5
stan_the_man Gib the dream draft - not Diamond Lil's 23
soleil Gibraltar Chronicle: "Gib Base Supports RN Vessel En Route To Libya" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Panorama (Gib): "Week-long Visit By Frigate" The Fleet 3
soleil Gib. Chronicle: "University Naval Units Visit The Rock" SCC and URNU 16
soleil Gib Chronicle: "Submarine Rescue Exercise 'A Success'" Submariners 1
soleil Gib Chronicle: "UK Protest As Guardia Approaches RN Ships" Bases / Shore Est 10
soleil Gib. Chronicle: Two RN WO1s presented with Clasps by CBF Bases / Shore Est 2
soleil Gib. Chronicle: Guardia Vessel forces RN to abandon exercise Current Affairs 8
trelawney126 Times Obituary Rear Admiral Sturdee FO Gib 1969-1972 Current Affairs 3
soleil Gib: "Red Arrows’ Fitting Response to Spanish Incursions" Bases / Shore Est 6
soleil RN Officer-to-be in charge as Thunderer Sqn DTUS visits Gib SCC and URNU 5
J Flying to Gib with a NTO and ID card. Travel & The Great Outdoors 11
soleil First Sea Lord visits Gib Bases / Shore Est 3
soleil Gib Chronicle: "UK must defend Gib waters" Bases / Shore Est 4
5dits Navy warships dispatched as Spain invades seas around Gib Current Affairs 14
2 1972 Tug-o-war in Gib. The Quarterdeck 5