Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Backpacker1uk, Aug 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A man due to retire at the end of the week is celebrating becoming the first person ever to have two lottery wins on the same night.

Delivery driver Derek Ladner, 59, from Redruth, Cornwall, forgot he had already bought a ticket and purchased a second with the same numbers - 3, 9, 10, 12, 46 and 47.

It meant that when the draw was made on July 11 his numbers came up he could claim two £479,142 shares of the £2,395,710 top prize which had been split between five winning tickets.

Friday the 13th proved lucky for the bowling fanatic and his wife Dawn, 60, who checked their tickets that day and are now planning a luxury holiday in Tenerife as well as renovating their house.

"The first time I was watching a late night film and afterwards at about 1am on the Friday I thought I would check the lottery," he said, adding: "My birthday and Dawn's birthday were there and we had won."

He added: "A week later I checked the lottery again, when the numbers didn't come up I went to put the ticket back in my wallet and saw another ticket with Wednesday July 11 on it and realised it was a duplicate.

"It has not really sunk in yet."

He continued: "We had already made a lot of plans for our retirement together, this win means we can now really enjoy ourselves a lot more and treat our friends and family."

Dawn said: "I just can't believe it," she said. "My feet are only just starting to touch the ground. We still need to decide what we are going to do with the money, I have always wanted to go to New York so that is in the pipeline."
  2. Oh how I wish I were as foolish as that guy
  3. And me mate , would love to be in that situation . :thumright:
  4. Who says lightening doesn't strike twice? Someone was smiling down on this guy. Good luck to him.