Whas it a Kiwi??

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by murgles, Jul 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was it a Kiwi an Aussie or Kipper--That damned elusive phantom flipper? Who remembers?
    In case you've forgotten. Kipper description------

As two faced, gutless, yellow whatever.
    That's how the Aussies once described we Poms.
    They might well still do.

2. I believe ' kipper ' was of Canadian origin as Oz favoured pommie or whinging pom . I like the Oz one for Kiwis , ' eats roots and leaves '. Been in Oz a fair while now and never been called or heard kipper , real fighting talk that one .

:threaten:

3. Its a small green furry fruit you halfwit!

4. Discretion being the better part of valour?

5. Murgles, you are a complete wind up merchant, grow up.
    NZB

6. Apart from being a walt you sound like the description of a penguin.

Full of shit and can't fly .

:nemo: :nemo:

7. I thought that was a Chinese Gooseberry ;-)

Always wondered why the National Emblems of NZ are a small flightless bird (when they could have chosen some kind of falcon, albatross (more in keeping with their maritime nature) or eagle), and the silver fern (but then again the 'home' countries are little better with the rose, shamrock, feathers and thistle).

8. Murgles! Fuck off!!

Between Nz BOOTIE and me, you haven't a hope in continuing with any intelligent thread!

9. Where was it invented NZ OR OZ is the question I do believe this question has nearly brought the two countries to war at times especially after a few beers!!

[​IMG]

PAVLOVA

10. Murgles, why don't you fuck off.. before you find out just how flightless this kiwi is!

tosser.

11. As much as I would love to say NZ, Pavlova is an Aussie invention I think. Anna Pavlova was a ballerina. I think New Zealand has the monopoly on Anzac biscuits though! Flashbacks to the brownies is not funny! :)

12. Some sources claim the recipe originated in New Zealand, while others claim it was invented in Australia. However, like the Anzac biscuit, the earliest known books containing the recipe were published in New Zealand.

Professor Helen Leach, a culinary anthropologist at Otago University in New Zealand found a pavlova recipe in a 1933 Rangiora Mothers' Union cookery book.[2] Professor Leach also has an even earlier copy of the pavlova recipe from a 1929 rural New Zealand magazine.[3]

Keith Money, a biographer of Anna Pavlova, wrote that a chef at a hotel in Wellington, New Zealand, created the dish when Pavlova visited there in 1926 on her world tour.

The claim that it was an Australian invention states that the pavlova is based on a cake baked by Bert Sachse at the Esplanade Hotel in Perth on 3 October 1935. Sachse's descendants believe he may have come up with the recipe earlier than that, since Anna Pavlova visited Australia in 1926 and 1929 and died in 1931.

13. Well, I've found this.. if it helps to clear up things :)

Some sources claim the recipe originated in New Zealand, while others claim it was invented in Australia. However, like the Anzac biscuit, the earliest known books containing the recipe were published in New Zealand.

Professor Helen Leach, a culinary anthropologist at Otago University in New Zealand found a pavlova recipe in a 1933 Rangiora Mothers' Union cookery book.[2] Professor Leach also has an even earlier copy of the pavlova recipe from a 1929 rural New Zealand magazine.[3]

Keith Money, a biographer of Anna Pavlova, wrote that a chef at a hotel in Wellington, New Zealand, created the dish when Pavlova visited there in 1926 on her world tour.

The claim that it was an Australian invention states that the pavlova is based on a cake baked by Bert Sachse at the Esplanade Hotel in Perth on 3 October 1935. Sachse's descendants believe he may have come up with the recipe earlier than that, since Anna Pavlova visited Australia in 1926 and 1929 and died in 1931.

Edited to say: Damn! Several minutes late, same article!

Either way, kiwi. kiwi. kiwi. hehe

14. God there's an echo in here? LOL

15. Wideawake here matey :w00t:

16. One up on me then,., :salut:

17. Of course anyone can see that the pictured item is not a proper Pavlova. A proper Pav had passionfuit and strawberries, not some sort of nasty chewy lolly stuck on top. This is probably some Kiwi abomination that they call a pavlova but in reality is just a poor imitation. :)

18. ALL I COULD FIND ON THE NET MATEY KEEP THE FIRE GOING!

19. How about this.

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

or even this...

[​IMG]

20. Passion Fruit!How can they call a fruit that name when it looks like something a TB patient has coughed up and smells like a Stokers unwashed armpit????