Whale Island Phoenix Fire / NBCD School - Contact details

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by 2_deck_dash, Jan 23, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got a number for the above? Specifically a reception desk, admin or records office?

Tried the MOD Operator but keep drawing a blank.

I'm trying to get hold of my course records in order to get my STCW 95 certificates. Anyone done this? Just going through my old paperwork and I've got the Sea Safety and Social Responsibility certificate but not the other 3.

Cheers in advance.

Love you.

2. 023 9222 7015. Sea survival instructors office.

3. If that doesn't work try 0239254 7015

4. Cheers mate.

Just to be on the safe side, I have Googled both those numbers to make sure they aren't tuppeny whores who ply their trade under Southsea pier.

• Like Like x 4
  5. MontyP is only trying to help............................................. advertise these young ladies wares:hump:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well that's sorted.

You need to call Whale Island, Ext 7013.

Anyone who did ISSC or BSSC after 1998 can get the four STCW95 certificates free from the pusser. These are a requirement for anyone considering a job offshore or onboard ships, from cleaners on oil rigs, to skippers of superyachts, to sneaky beaky Maritime Security dudes.

You need to have either left the mob or be in your last year of service. They'll need your name, DOB, rate, service number, TX date and the dates of when you did ISSC.

Get on it, this course costs a grand in civvy street.

Oh and there is small print: Do it before 2017, because from then on, they are ditching all their records that are over 5 years old. So from 2017, if you did ISSC or BSSC prior to 2012, tough shit, no certificates.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

You should talk to Ravers on ARRSE, he's looking for the same thing. Plus I think he was a PFK Gas Queen stinking 42 man.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Does anyone know why it is after leaving or last year to get the certificates?

9. I met him once, he's an absolute bell end.

• Like Like x 5
  10. At a wild guess I would probably suggest that there is a fee that needs to be paid to the MCA and/or it is probably quite a bit of hassle to process. Instead of giving the certificate to everyone straight after ISSC, they only give it to the people who specifically request it, in order to save money and hassle.

It's not like you need it while you are in the mob anyway.

Just to clarify, I believe the 2017 limit thing I posted above does not apply if you are still in the mob. So if you did ISSC in 2002 but your last year in the mob is 2019, you should still be OK to apply.

Edited to add: Actually that last paragraph is complete bollox. Get your chits in before 2017.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  11. Anybody managed to do this recently? Phone just rings?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

12. Some say they have never been seen in the same room, at the same time..........

13. Yep, I did it the day I posted this thread. Certificates turned up the next day.

PM me if you want an email address that seems to work.

14. PM sent matey :)

15. All done and certs in the post :)

Thanks 2DD :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator