Whale Island Phoenix Fire / NBCD School - Contact details

Anyone got a number for the above? Specifically a reception desk, admin or records office?

Tried the MOD Operator but keep drawing a blank.

I'm trying to get hold of my course records in order to get my STCW 95 certificates. Anyone done this? Just going through my old paperwork and I've got the Sea Safety and Social Responsibility certificate but not the other 3.

Cheers in advance.

Love you.
Cheers mate.

Just to be on the safe side, I have Googled both those numbers to make sure they aren't tuppeny whores who ply their trade under Southsea pier.
Cheers mate.

Just to be on the safe side, I have Googled both those numbers to make sure they aren't tuppeny whores who ply their trade under Southsea pier.
MontyP is only trying to help............................................. advertise these young ladies wares:hump:
Well that's sorted.

You need to call Whale Island, Ext 7013.

Anyone who did ISSC or BSSC after 1998 can get the four STCW95 certificates free from the pusser. These are a requirement for anyone considering a job offshore or onboard ships, from cleaners on oil rigs, to skippers of superyachts, to sneaky beaky Maritime Security dudes.

You need to have either left the mob or be in your last year of service. They'll need your name, DOB, rate, service number, TX date and the dates of when you did ISSC.

Get on it, this course costs a grand in civvy street.

Oh and there is small print: Do it before 2017, because from then on, they are ditching all their records that are over 5 years old. So from 2017, if you did ISSC or BSSC prior to 2012, tough shit, no certificates.


War Hero
You should talk to Ravers on ARRSE, he's looking for the same thing. Plus I think he was a PFK Gas Queen stinking 42 man.
Does anyone know why it is after leaving or last year to get the certificates?
At a wild guess I would probably suggest that there is a fee that needs to be paid to the MCA and/or it is probably quite a bit of hassle to process. Instead of giving the certificate to everyone straight after ISSC, they only give it to the people who specifically request it, in order to save money and hassle.

It's not like you need it while you are in the mob anyway.

Just to clarify, I believe the 2017 limit thing I posted above does not apply if you are still in the mob. So if you did ISSC in 2002 but your last year in the mob is 2019, you should still be OK to apply.

Edited to add: Actually that last paragraph is complete bollox. Get your chits in before 2017.

Students can apply for civilian accreditation when they are in their
>> last 12 months of service. This is to ensure the most recent date of
>> training is recorded on the certificate.
>> MCA CERTIFICATION IS ONLY ISSUED ONCE. If you return for further
>> training you will not be reissued with new certificates.
>> From 2017 MCA Certificates will be lifed at five years and from that
>> date no training prior to 2012 will attract MCA accreditation.
>> The following information is required on application: Surname,
>> Initials, Rank, Service Number, Date of birth, TX date, Date of
>> course
>> attended and a forwarding address.
Last edited:

Similar threads

Latest Threads