Western Daily Press: "Devonport To Host Navy's First Gay Wedding Party"

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by soleil, Apr 5, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "A Royal Navy gunner and his fiancé have been granted permission to host their gay wedding reception – at a nuclear submarine base.

Petty Officer Craig Hewitt, 30, will also be allowed to wear his mess undress uniform when he ties the knot with hairdresser partner Josh Brook, 23.

Navy top brass agreed to let the couple throw a party inside the ballroom at HMNB Devonport in Plymouth, Devon, after same-sex marriage became legal in England and Wales last week."

Devonport to host Navy's first gay wedding party as Plymouth sailor marries | Western Daily Press
  2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

In my opinion, Number 1s would be more appropriate. Mess undress to a wedding ceremony is naff. As for 'permission', really?

And 'ballroom'? The wedding reception is being held in the Warrant Officers' and Senior Rates' Mess, HMS Drake. 'Permission' is therefore nothing to do with 'top brass'.

It seems to me that credit is being given where none is due.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Oh dear ! Whatever is this Navy becoming to ?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Monty will be along soon to tell you
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'm so pleased that I'm a silly ole fart who served when homosexuality was not allowed. Yes it was always there but certainly not in your face. How long before it becomes compulsary is anyones guess
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Just look away if you object or don't approve.
  7. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Strange that having served pre and post ban, I have yet to find anyone serving who has had any real issue with it. The only objections seem to come from those who left before it was lifted.

Frankly I find few people have any real objection to the idea that two people can love each other regardless of what set of plumbing fixtures they're equipped with.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Quite agree but forgive the pun do they really have to be so in your face about it, just get fcuking married don't blag the fact all over the press as if your somebody special, no doubt his hairdressing partner will be dancing the light fantastic down Union Street next time matey boy deploys. Then matey boy throws a Benny and can't cope goes P7RD for 6 months gets medical discharge healthy war pension - thats sorted then
    • Like Like x 2
  9. And what relevance has the "nuclear submarine base" got to do with it, more shite journalism from a local paper that should know better!
  10. It's always been Rum Bum and Baccy........now it's on You Tube......c'mon H, get with it.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FGS I can only thank my lucky stars that I did my time before all this nauseating PC bollox came to pass.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 4
  12. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I bloody hate public displays of affection. Shitfaced declarations of love are fine. Shoving your relationship in others faces? Fcuk off!
    • Like Like x 5
  13. A swift vote for UKIP is in order, they don't like this kind of thing. Bumders and their marriage hommery, dreadful.
  14. Every time I look away the bastards change position so they are back in my :sad:view
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Nah Monty the Farage closet is yet to open, too much beer and bonhomie to be a real man
  16. Why is his fiancée wearing odd socks?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  17. To promote diversity in one's sock drawer of course.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ummm, how do they decide who is the fiance and who is the fiancee? Or are they both fiances?

Can't be arsed (excuse the pun) looking for accents.
  19. The end is nigh I tell you!!!

Who gives a **** 30 year old PO marries daft local hairdresser, who cares.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 'cos he's fcukin' odd