Wester Ross

Discussion in 'Travel & The Great Outdoors' started by daffy1, Aug 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got back from a weeks camping in Wester Ross, all i can say ''Stunning'', the weather was not the best, had one day of sunshine out of the week, but you should expect the worst camping in Scotland. Also the midges are evil but it did not put of me and my girl friend. We did plenty of walking and mounting biking. We were so struck by it all we are looking at going back to do some winter camping, maybe do some snowboarding in one of the national parks.
    Also i am so happy i have a decent tent, its worth spending the money as the Scottish weather just destroyed the Halfords and Argos specials, the local camping shop was always empty of spare tent parts as the weather was breaking poles, flinging tent pegs, rain leakage and fabric tearing.
    But overroll its been a good week and with plenty of things to do and see, just shows you can have a decent holiday in the UK if you can put up with the weather.

2. Sounds really good.

Did you find the reasonably priced outdoor gear you were looking for, for your g/f?

3. Yea, i found out she lived not to far from Go outdoors, its like a outlet for outdoor clothing etc, so managed to pick up ome decent gear for a decent price.