Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

were not all like American_Pride (moron)

Hello, all. Before you start bashing me about the room, allow me to make a clarification: We're not all a bunch of arrogant, xenophobic, uneducated, war-mongering trolls. I, for one, am a former US Marine who was always taught that the RM/RN were our brothers in arms. In that spirit, I joined RR in hopes of finding some common ground and shared interest. My field was aviation ordnance (A-6E Intruders). Who knows, I might even be useful to have around, perhaps offering some insight as to why we act as idiotic as we do at times! After reading some of the posts, I have to say; we have a lot more in common than either side will admit to!! Especially when it comes to off-duty fun and games!

off-duty fun and games!

Care to expand on that?

A_D is here for one purpose only.........hang on scrub that out, he is just a prat.

Welcome and crack on with posting :wink:

Jenny_Dabber said:
off-duty fun and games!

Care to expand on that?

One of our favorite pastimes was the "linear ambush" (similar to Gronk-Catching): Send the most ignorant screwhead in the squadron to try and pick up the most attractive girl in the bar. When he's got her totaly revolted and terrified; you step in to save the day! and you're in! Believe it or not, it actualy worked. (sometimes) (I was never smooth enough)

Welcome Bro!

It's a shame about A_D/A_P . I said elsewhere the clown may not even be an American. Someone on ARRSE had subjected his posts to 'forensic examination' and concluded A_D was probably a 'local' in need of a hobby.

Thanks for the understanding & welcome! If I could get that arrogant loser 1 on 1, I could tell you if he was really an American or not. There are (unfortunately), a lot of Yanks with the same attitude but I'm not one of them. I've seen you in action. Most of my time was spent at sea, aboard the carrier USS John F Kennedy in the 1980's, (fixed wing aviation) so I probably have more in common with fleet-types than with the RM!

BootneckYank said:
Thanks for the understanding & welcome! If I could get that arrogant loser 1 on 1, I could tell you if he was really an American or not. There are (unfortunately), a lot of Yanks with the same attitude but I'm not one of them. I've seen you in action. Most of my time was spent at sea, aboard the carrier USS John F Kennedy in the 1980's, (fixed wing aviation) so I probably have more in common with fleet-types than with the RM!

Careful BY, not sure what the Corps would say if they heard that. Delighted to have you here and look forward to getting your outlook on life. Spent some time with the USMC and have a great deal of respect for them (also had to duck a few time when they got out of control!!!). :D

BootneckYank said:
Out of control? us? NEVER!!!! They didnt make you do the C-4 dance, did they?

Stop right there mr! I saw 'Jar Head' the other week and I want to know why you all play 'field fun' rather than NAKED BAR!

(sigh) I was waiting for someone to bring "Jarhead" into the mix. To be honest, I've never seen the film, nor read the book! Since I was aviation, not a grunt, I have no idea what "field fun" even is! Our liesure time activities usualy consisted of finding ways to injure ourselves, or torment our officers. Such as the above mentioned C-4 dance, or, my favorite: "run away"

Latest Threads