Welsh?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by janner, Jul 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

A GUY was driving down a motorway in England with his blonde girlfriend and she piped up, ''I think those people in the car next to us are from Wales.''
    ''Why do you think that?'' he asked.

''Well, the kids are writing on the window and it says,
    'stit ruoy su wohs'.''

2. :slow: If I had been born 12 miles down the road I would have been Welsh ,and " Getting from by year to by there" A terrifying thought.:censored:

3. ....by ear to their??

4. In the Herefordshire, South Wales boarder country we tend to pronounce Hs as Ys . Hereford becomes "Yerefud" , here becomes "Year" "Get from by year" means move on.I once heard A South Wales G.I. at Vernon actually order a class to "Get from by year to by there."

5. Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogoch

On a beautiful summer's day, two English tourists were driving through Wales .

At the town of, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogoch they stopped for lunch, and one of the tourists asked the very blonde waitress, “Before we order, I wonder if you could settle an argument for us… Can you pronounce where we are, very, very, very slowly?”

The girl leaned over and said, “Burrr.... Gurrr.... King.”:slow:

6. My personal favourite:

A Welshman was shipwrecked at sea and marooned on a desert island. When a passing vessel picked him up five years later, the crew was amazed to find his little island covered in fine buildings that he had built himself. With pride the Welsh Robinson Crusoe took the captain round the island and pointed out to him his house, workshop, electric generator, and two chapels.

"But what do you need the second chapel for?" asked the captain.

"Oh," he replied "That's the one I don't go to."