Welsh Lecturer Slates Scots tourism Scam

Discussion in 'History' started by trelawney126, Aug 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

How enterprising. I suspect that the leek munching, sheep shaggers have a case of sour grapes due the fact that the Jock's have bigged up their history a bit and as a consequence the Americans and Japanese flock in to spend their dough.

Aparently golf originated in Holland and there is a variety of other shit that we have nicked over the centuries.

I will smile as I often walk past the statue and see hoards of tourist taking photos and carrying bags full of shortbread.

2. jockpopeye

Edinburgh
    EdinburghTattoo.jpg
    streetperformer22-LST051825.jpg
    Cardiff
    cardiff_central_bus_station_01.jpg
    cardif 4120292697_5e71a87fa2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. I see there's a fine figure of a scotsman standing at the bus stop!!

4. Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  5. jockpopeye

Don't worry once we're finished robbing your cultural heritage we'll leave you lot with Morris Dancing and Kriss Akabusi, AWOOGA!

6. The man isn't Welsh you daft prick, he's Swedish. He is a rheumatology lecturer at Cardiff University School of Medicine and I know him well. He is a good bloke but he has a bit of an obsession about man's relationship with dogs that sets him apart a bit; I believe he's had books published about the subject. Besides, the Welsh wouldn't have the gall to criticize since they pulled exactly the same sort of scam with that Gelert nonsense.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jockpopeye

Now then lets not get hung up on the details, after all you live in Wales so who is really the twat?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aw, I really hurt your feelings, didn't I? I tried living in Scotland and it was OK for a while but I fancied somewhere more civilised. :wink:

9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I have to admit the only time I've been to Wales is when I've been forced to by the RN.

I wasn't impressed!!!

10. What's the matter? Did the Welsh see right through you? They're perspicacious that way.
    I've been here 26 years and have enjoyed every second. I must admit it's good to get home once in a while, though.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  11. witsend

WTF are you wittering on about. I seen mountains & sheep!

12. Sounds like Cumbria without lodging allowance.

13. Sheep? Did you get aroused?

14. witsend

Only when they bleeped out baaaaaaa.

15. They find the second syllable very difficult to get out. :smile:

16. witsend

Fair one!

Barrow then opened my eyes to the cattle market.