Welsh Lecturer Slates Scots tourism Scam

jockpopeye

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
How enterprising. I suspect that the leek munching, sheep shaggers have a case of sour grapes due the fact that the Jock's have bigged up their history a bit and as a consequence the Americans and Japanese flock in to spend their dough.

Aparently golf originated in Holland and there is a variety of other shit that we have nicked over the centuries.

I will smile as I often walk past the statue and see hoards of tourist taking photos and carrying bags full of shortbread.

jockpopeye

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
Don't worry once we're finished robbing your cultural heritage we'll leave you lot with Morris Dancing and Kriss Akabusi, AWOOGA!

How enterprising. I suspect that the leek munching, sheep shaggers have a case of sour grapes due the fact that the Jock's have bigged up their history a bit and as a consequence the Americans and Japanese flock in to spend their dough.

Aparently golf originated in Holland and there is a variety of other shit that we have nicked over the centuries.

I will smile as I often walk past the statue and see hoards of tourist taking photos and carrying bags full of shortbread.
The man isn't Welsh you daft prick, he's Swedish. He is a rheumatology lecturer at Cardiff University School of Medicine and I know him well. He is a good bloke but he has a bit of an obsession about man's relationship with dogs that sets him apart a bit; I believe he's had books published about the subject. Besides, the Welsh wouldn't have the gall to criticize since they pulled exactly the same sort of scam with that Gelert nonsense.

What's the matter? Did the Welsh see right through you? They're perspicacious that way.
I've been here 26 years and have enjoyed every second. I must admit it's good to get home once in a while, though.

Last edited:

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
What's the matter? Did the Welsh see right through you? They're perspicacious that way.
I've been here 26 years and have enjoyed every second. I must admit it's good to get home once in a while, though.
WTF are you wittering on about. I seen mountains & sheep!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
slim Diamond Lil's 3
N Current Affairs 21