Well well, that didn't take long

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, May 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It has been revealed by the Telegraph that David Laws has used taxpayers' money to pay rent to his secret partner.

He says in his defence that he wanted to keep his relationship secret, all well and good David but not at our expense to the tune of £40 thousand.

The chuckle brothers with their new clean politics need to act quickly and sack Mr. Laws, or they will loose all authority.

It is interesting to note that had it been a Labour MP these pages would have been awash with denunciations. :)
  2. I do think the excuse of keeping it private was a bit poor, it doesn't matter whih MP it was from any party. It's wrong especially after everything with expenses prior.
  3. He should be sacked without any doubt and its just typical of ANY MP who seem to think they are beyond the law and can carry on in whatever they wish. Cameron and Clegg need to act or as Finky says, they will lose all credability fast.

4. I cannot see him hanging on for very long, but it certainly puts a whole new nuance on the term "Rent Boy".
  5. "Well well, that didn't take long" thought someone was quoting my wife ... - phew, wrong story :oops:
  6. Aye, it's the same old story full of remorse now his shenanigans are in the public domain.

BreathingOutOnTheWayUp & flymo, :lol:
  7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

One report said that he lent the boyfriend the money to buy the house and then rented space in it.
  8. Take him outside and shoot him.....might sharpen up the others
  9. Any one else reckon that this story is just a load of arse?
  10. He blames his situation on wanting to keep his sexuality secret.Seeing as being gay is not against the law and that many other members of Parliament are openly gay it does seem a very weak excuse.It is a situation completely of his own making which I believe makes his position untenable because being one of the Governments main mouth pieces on how we should all conduct ourselves in the forthcoming period of austerity his authority is completely undermined.
  11. Certainly not Mr Laws, didnt want to be outed, so kept on claiming £950 a month, to live at his lovers pad, out of the tax payers purse :roll: :roll: :roll: . Just seen all his gay MP Friends trying to defeind him, saying he is the best man for the job, and we will never get someone as good and honest and as capable as him at his new job in the treasury !!! PS He never did it for the money???? because he is not like that :lol: :lol: :lol:
  12. OK it's an expensive load of arse :oops:
  13. Ho-hum it's business as usual then snouts back in the trough. :oops:
  14. I'm not too sure that i'm ready to jump on the outrage bus just yet.

If the guy had a girlfriend who owned a house, and she wanted to ensure she remained the sole owner of the property, she could ask for rent off the fella.

If it saved him from having to rent a whole property then in many ways it saved tax payers money.

I think because he's a closet bum boy the outrage has been a little inflated.
  15. Well at least he had the decency to fall on his sword as opposed to being dragged out kicking and screaming. I heard Paddy Ashdown trying to defend him on the wireless earlier today, it was impossible for him to defend the indefensible but he had a good go at it.

I don't expect Tweedledum and Tweedledee will be too happy and I look forward to the next skeleton in the closet to be revealed, as I doubt if that's the lot.
  16. First resignation of the coalition. Bye bye!

Danny Alexander has stepped into the breach.

I really can't type this evening, I'm sorry.
  17. I am sure you are right and I don't care which side they come from just as long as some sound investigative journalism eventually weasels them all out.