Well that worked out nicely

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by thereverend, Jul 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Went out to celebrate my annual festivities last night and I woke up this morning on a bench at Selby train station (about 40km from home) with a ticket to York in my pocket. Enquiries with the bearded lady at the cafe told me I had been there a few hours, she also kindly supplied me with Ibuprofen and a black coffee. Decided it would be a shame to waste the train ticket so got to York and went to rub-a-dub-dub for a few swift slurps and got my hair butchered by a fruity asian chap.
  2. Was your birthday yesterday, then?
  3. You were on a bench in Selby and actually woke up? You're a lucky, lucky, lucky man. Selby was rough as arseholes last time I was there :lol:

Jimbo, could've been his iPhone? :wink:
  4. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I must have missed something in the text here Rev. At which part am i supposed to be interested?
  5. Part of this mob I would bet.
  6. @ Sol...No, it was Tuesday but I like to celebrate all week long apart from the actual day.

@ Stix...I at some point had come home, got changed and drank a bottle of rum.

@ Sterling...Twas not me, although I saw the dibble putting the police tape up, watched for a bit then got bored of waiting for Gazza to turn up so went for a frolic.
  7. You should have said so - we could have had a "Happy Birthday to the Reverend" thread.
  8. Even my closest friends don't know when my birthday is
  9. How old?
  10. Old enough to know better and young enough to get away with it :p
  11. Bah humbug
  12. Had you have said that you got on the train pissed as a rat in Monte Carlo
    heading for Cannes. Failexed and awoke in a siding in Toulon.
    Then hitch hiked, the 150KL to Cannes, missed your ship and had to pay your own air fare to Malta,(having borrowed it from the British consul) I might have felt a little sympathy.
    Not that the above happened to me and my two oppo's, oh no, no, no, it would take a right trio of stupid crapped out OD's for that to happen to.
    That the air fare to Malta from Cannes, was £37.00 (a veritable fortune in 1969) is pure speculation on my part.
  13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I fucking love you.
  14. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

How much was the fine when you (ooops sorry, your 'mate') got back to the ship?
  15. I seem to recall 14 days 9's £10.00 fine (£9.00 a week was my pay) and shillings 10 for about three pay parades. 8O :cry: :cry:
    So I'm told :roll: :wink: