Well that worked out nicely

#1
Went out to celebrate my annual festivities last night and I woke up this morning on a bench at Selby train station (about 40km from home) with a ticket to York in my pocket. Enquiries with the bearded lady at the cafe told me I had been there a few hours, she also kindly supplied me with Ibuprofen and a black coffee. Decided it would be a shame to waste the train ticket so got to York and went to rub-a-dub-dub for a few swift slurps and got my hair butchered by a fruity asian chap.
 
#3
You were on a bench in Selby and actually woke up? You're a lucky, lucky, lucky man. Selby was rough as arseholes last time I was there :lol:

Jimbo, could've been his iPhone? :wink:
 

Blackrat

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#4
thereverend said:
Went out to celebrate my annual festivities last night and I woke up this morning on a bench at Selby train station (about 40km from home) with a ticket to York in my pocket. Enquiries with the bearded lady at the cafe told me I had been there a few hours, she also kindly supplied me with Ibuprofen and a black coffee. Decided it would be a shame to waste the train ticket so got to York and went to rub-a-dub-dub for a few swift slurps and got my hair butchered by a fruity asian chap.
I must have missed something in the text here Rev. At which part am i supposed to be interested?
 
#5
thereverend said:
Went out to celebrate my annual festivities last night and I woke up this morning on a bench at Selby train station (about 40km from home) with a ticket to York in my pocket. Enquiries with the bearded lady at the cafe told me I had been there a few hours, she also kindly supplied me with Ibuprofen and a black coffee. Decided it would be a shame to waste the train ticket so got to York and went to rub-a-dub-dub for a few swift slurps and got my hair butchered by a fruity asian chap.
Part of this mob I would bet.
-
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/827...barricade_themselves_in_York_city_centre_pub/
 
#6
@ Sol...No, it was Tuesday but I like to celebrate all week long apart from the actual day.

@ Stix...I at some point had come home, got changed and drank a bottle of rum.

@ Sterling...Twas not me, although I saw the dibble putting the police tape up, watched for a bit then got bored of waiting for Gazza to turn up so went for a frolic.
 
#7
thereverend[b] said:
@ Sol...No, it was Tuesday but I like to celebrate all week long apart from the actual day.[/b]@ Stix...I at some point had come home, got changed and drank a bottle of rum.

@ Sterling...Twas not me, although I saw the dibble putting the police tape up, watched for a bit then got bored of waiting for Gazza to turn up so went for a frolic.
You should have said so - we could have had a "Happy Birthday to the Reverend" thread.
 
#8
soleil said:
thereverend[b] said:
@ Sol...No, it was Tuesday but I like to celebrate all week long apart from the actual day.[/b]@ Stix...I at some point had come home, got changed and drank a bottle of rum.

@ Sterling...Twas not me, although I saw the dibble putting the police tape up, watched for a bit then got bored of waiting for Gazza to turn up so went for a frolic.
You should have said so - we could have had a "Happy Birthday to the Reverend" thread.
Even my closest friends don't know when my birthday is
 
#13
Had you have said that you got on the train pissed as a rat in Monte Carlo
heading for Cannes. Failexed and awoke in a siding in Toulon.
Then hitch hiked, the 150KL to Cannes, missed your ship and had to pay your own air fare to Malta,(having borrowed it from the British consul) I might have felt a little sympathy.
Not that the above happened to me and my two oppo's, oh no, no, no, it would take a right trio of stupid crapped out OD's for that to happen to.
That the air fare to Malta from Cannes, was £37.00 (a veritable fortune in 1969) is pure speculation on my part.
 

Blackrat

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#14
Rumrat said:
Had you have said that you got on the train pissed as a rat in Monte Carlo
heading for Cannes. Failexed and awoke in a siding in Toulon.
Then hitch hiked, the 150KL to Cannes, missed your ship and had to pay your own air fare to Malta,(having borrowed it from the British consul) I might have felt a little sympathy.
Not that the above happened to me and my two oppo's, oh no, no, no, it would take a right trio of stupid crapped out OD's for that to happen to.
That the air fare to Malta from Cannes, was £37.00 (a veritable fortune in 1969) is pure speculation on my part.
I fucking love you.
 

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Moderator
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
#15
Rumrat said:
Had you have said that you got on the train pissed as a rat in Monte Carlo
heading for Cannes. Failexed and awoke in a siding in Toulon.
Then hitch hiked, the 150KL to Cannes, missed your ship and had to pay your own air fare to Malta,(having borrowed it from the British consul) I might have felt a little sympathy.
Not that the above happened to me and my two oppo's, oh no, no, no, it would take a right trio of stupid crapped out OD's for that to happen to.
That the air fare to Malta from Cannes, was £37.00 (a veritable fortune in 1969) is pure speculation on my part.
How much was the fine when you (ooops sorry, your 'mate') got back to the ship?
 
#16
Ageing_Gracefully said:
Rumrat said:
Had you have said that you got on the train pissed as a rat in Monte Carlo
heading for Cannes. Failexed and awoke in a siding in Toulon.
Then hitch hiked, the 150KL to Cannes, missed your ship and had to pay your own air fare to Malta,(having borrowed it from the British consul) I might have felt a little sympathy.
Not that the above happened to me and my two oppo's, oh no, no, no, it would take a right trio of stupid crapped out OD's for that to happen to.
That the air fare to Malta from Cannes, was £37.00 (a veritable fortune in 1969) is pure speculation on my part.
How much was the fine when you (ooops sorry, your 'mate') got back to the ship?
I seem to recall 14 days 9's £10.00 fine (£9.00 a week was my pay) and shillings 10 for about three pay parades. 8O :cry: :cry:
So I'm told :roll: :wink:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tas-ape Nautical Jokes 0
F The Quarterdeck 74
ex_wasp_L2 The Fleet Air Arm 49

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top