Well I'll be damned! (New Carriers)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by lonestar, Feb 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not a good component to a lecture on defence policy from Rifkind. Programme delays, slippage, whatever you want to call it, invariably creates additional expenditure. The basic driver is that longer runs mean longer consumption of overheads. Life becomes interesting later in the programme when to meet an operational target, additional resources must be thrown at it by way of things like overtime working and additional sub contracted work.

As for Brown the humourless, he can afford be munificent with defence now he’s got the skids under him.

2. A PM who has no money and is about to be voted out promising lots of money for defense - rather a waste of ink methinks :roll:

3. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Outstanding political tactics, if you ask me. Firstly, you make a vague attempt to curry favour with those who have done your dirty work over the past decade and paid heavily for it. Then, when faced with obvious defeat and succession by a set no-more capable and practically identical style-over-substance political opponents, you commit them to a financial lodestone that they will be saddled with for a very, very long time.

Enjoy writing your memoirs Brown, you woeful shitheel.

levers

4. Unfortuantely it will probably fool some gullible voters into giving Labour another chance - likely with another leader. I trust Brown about as much as I could throw him.

5. However it will force a response from Osborne who has been worryingly quiet on funding of future defence projects.

6. Hold on a moment, i thought the armed forces are going to be slashed, and we are getting new carriers ?

7. So after shafting the military for near enough 13 years (which has cost at least dozens, if not hundreds of preventable deaths) this lying cumguzzling cnutflap of a waste of flesh is now trying to cosy up to them by safeguarding something he should have years ago? In a better world ******* like Brown would be hanged, drawn and quartered as a warning to the rest.

8. Typical out going government, promising the earth knowing that they dont have to achieve it and then lambast the next administration for not going through with it.

9. Thats politics !..... It's just a game to them.....

Its peoples lives they mess with... bunch of fcukwits !

10. Everyone should know by now the value of any politician's promise.Especially true at election time as there will plenty of time to backtrack once the votes are counted.