Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well goffer me stbd flip flop, some good stuff here

One of the best summers that I ever spent in the pusser was doing said trials on the Mk8. I had taken a team to RAF Lyneham to learn to fly a barrage balloon. On return to HMS Cambridge I spent the summer with my team flying the balloon from the cliffs, a few miles away, with a Radar relflector suspended underneath. We would fly it on command from the trials team and spent the day sunbathing. My wife and young daughter used to come out and spend the day with us. It was a tough life

Nope cant beet that draft granny,best draft i had was to WhaleIsland on the "Single 4 inch " simulator,i was waiting for my GI`s course and this little job turned up,it was ferkin brill,blue card and make n mend every friday afternoon, :D 8)

trelawney126

War Hero
Plymouth Library has a collection of books by a naval author and poet.He was I believe a GI on the HOOD. The books were published by "Bernards" and the titles were, Musings of a Merry Matlelot, A Bluebottle, plus a few others. He had written a splendid poem about the clearing away for action on the 16" gun, and the drill. It concluded with.
"Thats the drill for clear away for action,
"Stand at ease"
I will if possible, try to get up to the library and get it copied should be of interest for all the Gunnery bods. The authors name or pen name was Giraldus.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S recipe for goffer? Current Affairs 15
Joint_Force_Harrier Port & Stbd Flip Flops The Gash Barge 18
OSLO Flip Flop The Gash Barge 2