Well goffer me stbd flip flop, some good stuff here

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by alacrity174, Jul 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fantastic.

2. Hmmm, call me pedantic and I could be wrong, but a clip just before Seawolf fires shows operators using Adaws and not Caais.

3. sweet video! 8)

4. Flymo, yes mate there are some continuity issues with the vid but still good to see. wonder who the killick gunner flying the seact is? Loved the Actives 4.5 going bang bough back lots of good memories.

5. I know the RMAS could be unpopular now and again; but bloody hell! Ex Guz paddle tug?

6. There was a tug (RMAS) called Justice which was sunk by gunfire.
    The signal from the ship (which sank her ) sent to their Lordships at the Admiralty said
    "Justice has been done"
    "Justice has been seen to be done"
    "There is no Justice"

7. blowing s***t up is always bloody brilliant :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

8. Brill,loved the inside of the turret shots,i could smell the cordite coming through the laptop, :D

9. And everyday, those memories of ours become more and more distant. :-(
    C'est la vie.

10. No Chris...... That was your laptop... your hard drives been too excited :D

11. Bleddy marvellous!

Loved the footage of the Active speeding through the waves and as for the Mk.8 firing....

......ooh! I've just come :oops:

12. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Brought back quite a few memories. The 4.5 Mk8 was undergoing trials at HMS Cambridge just before I retired.

13. Good memories of the 4.5 mk8, my first section on Bristol as an OEM and seeing Active creaming along I can almost hear the Oly's whining away drinking the fuel at a rate of knots :)

14. I remember having a look at the Mk 8 when i first came upon it granny but just couldnt get my head around to liking it, there was just this feel of teamwork in the old turret,all those gunnery rates throwing bits of metal about," Stand by hoist and rammers start the general service pump" , :D "Switching turret to auto": :lol: ,it always used to get a bit exciting when two differant types of shell were fired,ie left gun "HE" right gun "Starshell" 8)

15. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Bliss. Best birthday present I ever had from the Pusser was pressing the tit to fire a Seaslug. WOOMFAH!

16. Still plenty of teamwork required for Mk.8 Chris! :wav:

But I take your point, having worked on Mk.6 as well :thumbleft:

17. Morning "Ballistic", When you say teamwork ( Concerning the Mk8) do you mean from the shell room/ magazine upwards to the gunbay or do you mean the whole system,ie fire control ext ext,
    I was thinking more on the lines of teamwork in the Mk6 turret and gunbay,ok and maybe the poor sods :D further down in the shell room / magazine,If my memory serves me correct there wasnt anybody actually doing anything in the Mk8 turret ,please correct me if i am wrong, :wink:

ps my ferkin heads splitting,

18. Mornin' Chris
    Yeah, I was referring to the whole system, partly because as a sprog PO drafted to my first Mk8 I was "looked after" in my role as COT by some very good Gun Controllers and MGD(B)s. I'll always be grateful to them for that.

You're sort of right when you refer to the Mk8 gunhouse, (it's a mounting, not a turret), being unmanned but there's an awful lot of manual handling of ammo taking place in gunbay and magazine.

I sympathise with your bad head 'cos I'm in exactly the same situation but I'm about to rectify that by by visiting my local for the... er...cure :eek:ccasion5:

19. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer