Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

WELL DONE RMR MERSEY !

The_Wonderer

War Hero
Just like to let everyone know that all the lads at RMR Mersey (Livdet, Birdet, and Mandet) PRMC on the 7th to 9th of Sep all passed selection.

GOOD EFFORT LADS & CONGRATS

(I myself passed 100%, and am well chuffed) 8)

Cant wait for induction weekend on the 21st

See you all soon :thumright:

I Enjoyed the weekend aswell, Had a Great laugh There was a lot of good lads there.
Just glad it's over & done with Now we can get stuck into training.
Thats when the fun will start except it's not so funny at the time. Until you look back and laugh your t*ts off.

Yeah everyone passed the phys/written, I saw the scoresheets. A couple failed to turn up, and a couple had issues with med docs. One poor guy in my syndicate had testicular cancer a few years ago and they wouldn't let him continue without clearance from his own doctor. Hope to see him back though!

The_wonderer, miffta, its wierd that I will have seen you all weekend and have no idea who you are!!

Well done anyway!

I believe (but it aint gospel)
That 56 or so passed the selection weekend & only 5 or 6 took the RFCC, all from LivDet.

If anyone on Rum Ration knows for definate please let us know...
Cheers.....

i think it was 56 passed selection, 14 went on the phase one course, 100% pass. 6 went on the RFCC with, 5 passes, one medical withdrawl due to injury.

the injured one is going back in october hopefully with 3 others. thus out of the 56 who began in sept 06, 5 have passed and 4 are still very much aiming to pass within the next couple of months.

so most of the lads dropped out before the Phase one 2 week course at CTCRM.
Anyone know what the main reason for people dropping out is (if there is one)
I would imagine its those weekends in December / January when it'll be totally FREEZING cold....

miffta said:
I would imagine its those weekends in December / January when it'll be totally FREEZING cold....

I think you've nailed it Miffta. The whole thing feels a little less glamorous in inclement weather & the realisation that this is in "your time" & the fact obtaining the beret is a long, long way off.

Passing selection is one thing, getting through the training pipeline is entirely another. Only a handfull will become trained Commandos.

miffta said:

The cold does play a major part in people jacking it in mate. Wet and Dry routine at 3am on a January morning will most definitely sort out the men from the boys!! I also think the fitness side of things is a major hurdle. Ive seen some VERY fit blokes who jack because the cant handle the "military fitness". Guys that are good runners and can lift heavy in the gym in civvy life, arent necessarily going to be any good on a 12 mile load carry or on a speedmarch. Its a totally different kind of fitness!!

Just to say: Congratulations to all the lads who did pass and good luck for the future.

miffta said:

SIMPLE THESE ARE EARNED NOT BOUGHT

JWH.jpg