well done guys and gals!

#1
If the news is true congrats to the security services and whoever else was involved for their work in the discovery and defusing of a bomb in central London!!!
 
#3
as the IRA used to say "we were unlucky this time, you have to be lucky everytime". Often if there was one there way well be secondary devices. I would avoid the area.
 

Lister

Lantern Swinger
#4
phil1972 said:
as the IRA used to say "we were unlucky this time, you have to be lucky everytime". Often if there was one there way well be secondary devices. I would avoid the area.
Why would you avoid the area???
Oh thats right lets let the idiots who do this win eh. As the device was found at 2am i am pretty sure the whole area would have been swept pretty thoroughly. And yes there may have been secondary devices...maybe its outside our door...better stay home in bed eh!

Rant over
 
#5
Lister said:
phil1972 said:
as the IRA used to say "we were unlucky this time, you have to be lucky everytime". Often if there was one there way well be secondary devices. I would avoid the area.
Why would you avoid the area???
Oh thats right lets let the idiots who do this win eh. As the device was found at 2am i am pretty sure the whole area would have been swept pretty thoroughly. And yes there may have been secondary devices...maybe its outside our door...better stay home in bed eh!

Rant over
I'm with you on that one Lister
Don't us Brits just carry on as normal.....
 
#7
Welshbird said:
I'm with you on that one Lister
Don't us Brits just carry on as normal.....
Of course we don't just 'carry on' - we have to make a cup of tea first, then maybe a bit of a sing-a-long..THEN we carry on :thumright:
 
#8
Let us thank the much maligned group of people who had the nous to find the bomb, the Doorman(Bouncer's) of the Tiger Tiger Club. It was only then the security services knew what was going on.

It is strange of course that a wet Thursday night at 2 am is chosen to set off a bomb in Haymarket when a much more busy Soho was only 400 yards away and the vehicle had come from that direction. Not the most opportune target or time.

Then the driver runs off, either the device failed or he bottled it.

We wait for more confirmed info.

Nutty
 
#10
Nutty said:
Let us thank the much maligned group of people who had the nous to find the bomb, the Doorman(Bouncer's) of the Tiger Tiger Club. It was only then the security services knew what was going on.

It is strange of course that a wet Thursday night at 2 am is chosen to set off a bomb in Haymarket when a much more busy Soho was only 400 yards away and the vehicle had come from that direction. Not the most opportune target or time.

Then the driver runs off, either the device failed or he bottled it.

We wait for more confirmed info.

Nutty
MET POL News Conference are now saying the suspect vehicle was found by an ambulance crew who had attended a person in the club with no connection with the M/V. When they left saw the car parked with what appeared to be smoke inside and called the Police.

Nutty
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#15
Ninja_Stoker said:
rod-gearing said:
wet_blobby said:
There wont be a secondary device left loafing around by now, it's London, some fcuker would of nicked it.
Liverpool surely,not London.

Eeeek, here we go again! :pottytrain4:
Well, eye witness heard foreign-sounding gentlemen in the vicinity of the car, so they could've been Scousers!! :twisted:
 
#16
Very difficult to accept that what was once one of the safest places on the planet , UK , now seems to be dangerous . The Bulldog Spirit and the ability to keep a stiff upper lip is not so effective as the enemy is within . The blood runs cold at the thought of what could have happened had the device exploded . Well done in the dismantling .

:thumright:
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#17
Despite the paranoia in this country (i.e. promoted by the media) with regards to so-called terrorist cells running havoc on the streets, the Intel Services have a bigger lid on things than we give them credit for. There are a lot more security alerts than the public are aware of, for fear of creating mass hysteria. Better the devil you don't know, in this case... :roll:
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads