Well done Gina Khan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Always_a_Civvy, Feb 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I should like to join The Times (9 February 2007) in praising the courage and tenacity of Gina Khan, who has taken a public stance against the radical extremist minority within the British Muslim community who so distort the popular perception of the public to Muslims in this country. She has rightly pointed out the superior rights Muslim women enjoy here which surpass those available in any Muslim nation, contrary to the teachings of Muhammed.

I recommend the article to fellow Rum Rationers as a cry for reason over reaction.

2. AAC, you forget Slim's sig,

Never let the truth get in the way of a good dit.
  3. Balls to that, hang em" :wink:
  4. See what I mean
  5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

The sad thing is Gina Khan will probably be attacked by members of her own community as either a trouble making woman or Anglo- Nationalist. She has spoken out at the risk of being ostracized by her own and I have no doubt some personal risk, the truth of what she says is obvious and it's a pity most of the media seem quick to publicise the more sensational/ radical side of Islam and leave the more moderate view of many to a small inside column on a day where there is very little new news!
  6. I suspect that in her community she will have little problem, the Muslim, or the Pakistani community in the UK is not a homogenous group in any way and there will be many who agree with her, and many who disagree.
  7. At last a voice from the majority Muslim community. All too often we are hearing from the minority extremists. It should be remembered that as in all communities of any race or religion the majority are hard working and law abiding, it is good to hear from this section for a change.
  8. Nice to see that gobby one got knicked yesterday, he was a right arse.