Welcome

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by brazenhussy, Oct 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

Hi- and welcome!!

2. Interesting that the Motoring Forum is initiated by woman.

3. Please don't let it be a problem???!!

4. No point asking for advice on where to put the oil then!! :) :)

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Come on lads, be fair, I deal with women with broken down vehicles everyday. Many are very technically minded.

"Whats wrong with the vehicle me dear?"

"Its Fcuked."

"I'll turn recovery out then."

6. Pmsl , very good "janner" :dwarf: :dwarf: :dwarf:

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Another day

janner, "Why are you laughing dear, its going to cost you to get the petrol you have put into the diesel tank removed."

"I didn't put the petrol in my husband did, I've locked him out of the vehicle until its sorted, can you hear him banging on the window? You'd think a Serviceman would have more sense than do that with the fuel wouldn't you?"

" Which of the Services is He in? asks janner.

"He's in the RAF now, but even better he used to be an HGV driver."

By this time we were both hysterical and I had to tell her I'd ring her back when we'd both calmed down.

8. I expected this- however i helped my other half take out a 2.5 diesel from a mk 5 transit, and replaced it with a 2.9 v6 cossie engine, I also helped rewire the loom ,and yes i know how to change oil- and also the auxilary belt on a v6 gsi vectra (mine!) as well!

Oh and for all the chauvinistic men here- i was the woman how blew a tyre on the M27 and changed it (whilst in full wrns rig- yes webbing and heels) had a van of blokes pull alongside and offer help
    "no thanks- just cos Im a woman doesn't mean I cant change a tyre!"

so please - give me a chance!

9. Think that may have been a wrong choice of answer BH,...if I'd been one of those guys then I would have said "OK shove it"....(but then I don't have all the info on the incident, meaning you may have followed it up with "there again, thanks guys, could do with some help")

Now don't hit me, only my opinion!!!!!!!

10. Only messin' :) AS it happens, I've been a member on a few car club forums - the Toyota GT4 club was run (very well) by a woman who'd done a helluva lot of work to her car herself and was a bit of a track-day warrior, and there are several female members on the Toyota Supra forum - many of whom did a lot of the tuning work themselves (bigger turbos etc. not bigger vanity mirrors:))

Personally I have no fears or worries about women (or anyone else for that matter) who are into cars/bikes etc. - V-B-H still gives me wood :)

11. Hi everybody,

That's a nice forum about monitoring.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You can say that again.

I didn't even realise we had a sub-forum about monitoring.

13. hahahaha
    I think we just create it :lol: