Welcome Home. Dad

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by trelawney126, Aug 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bin there. Done that. Except that my second daughter was nearly eleven months when I first met her. She's now a 53 year old tree hugger. I put that down to lack of a proper role model in her early years.:laughing3:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

I was stood on the upper scupper of HMS Defender as she went past. The OOD got soaked!

3. This is why I can never go back to Thailand or Brazil.

I have no intention of ever coming face to face with my various offspring in these countries.
  4. Now THAT's a big baby.
  5. You slaag.
  6. Me 2 saw my daughter at 6 months, she vomed and shat on my nos 1's she is also a tree hugger but at 30years old, then of I went again seeing her at 12 and 18 months for a few weeks at a time. It seemed I always went to sea just as a new born arrived, I could never see anything wrong with that.
  7. Better that than not being there for the conception!
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No kids, so thankfully I've not had to face this. Good effort to those who can reconcile being away from their children for so long.
  9. I am sure there are a few out there with some very close dates on conception and birth, back on one of the old married patcheds there was a young woman praying the child was born at least the same colour as her husband, then she could blagg the strange dates.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Had to explain a few times it was a tough job but some body had to do it, the heat of the tropics would have been so hard for her to handle
  11. Know a bloke who got back off a patrol to find that his missus was pregnant and not by him obviously, as she was only a month or so into the pregnancy, but to add insult to injury, she gave him a dose. Strangely the marriage didn't last long after that.
  12. Wife of stoker on Forth gave birth to a slant eyed sprog during 30 month married accompanied in Singers.

13. Must have been the hot humid weather. :slow:
  14. I think that is because all crushers are sterilised when they join to prevent cross contamination with humans
    • Like Like x 3