Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Home. Dad

2badge_mango

War Hero
Bin there. Done that. Except that my second daughter was nearly eleven months when I first met her. She's now a 53 year old tree hugger. I put that down to lack of a proper role model in her early years.:laughing3:

2BM

D

Deleted 493

I was stood on the upper scupper of HMS Defender as she went past. The OOD got soaked!

levers

2_deck_dash

War Hero
This is why I can never go back to Thailand or Brazil.

I have no intention of ever coming face to face with my various offspring in these countries.

Sumo

War Hero
Bin there. Done that. Except that my second daughter was nearly eleven months when I first met her. She's now a 53 year old tree hugger. I put that down to lack of a proper role model in her early years.:laughing3:

2BM

Me 2 saw my daughter at 6 months, she vomed and shat on my nos 1's she is also a tree hugger but at 30years old, then of I went again seeing her at 12 and 18 months for a few weeks at a time. It seemed I always went to sea just as a new born arrived, I could never see anything wrong with that.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
No kids, so thankfully I've not had to face this. Good effort to those who can reconcile being away from their children for so long.

Sumo

War Hero
Better that than not being there for the conception!

I am sure there are a few out there with some very close dates on conception and birth, back on one of the old married patcheds there was a young woman praying the child was born at least the same colour as her husband, then she could blagg the strange dates.

Sumo

War Hero
No kids, so thankfully I've not had to face this. Good effort to those who can reconcile being away from their children for so long.

Had to explain a few times it was a tough job but some body had to do it, the heat of the tropics would have been so hard for her to handle

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Know a bloke who got back off a patrol to find that his missus was pregnant and not by him obviously, as she was only a month or so into the pregnancy, but to add insult to injury, she gave him a dose. Strangely the marriage didn't last long after that.

Stirling

Banned
Wife of stoker on Forth gave birth to a slant eyed sprog during 30 month married accompanied in Singers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Mail: "Welcome Home Daddy: Emotional Scenes Caught On Camera As Frigate Returns Home" Current Affairs 3
T 40 Commando Royal Marines welcome home parade details The Corps 2
MoD_RSS HMS Gloucester gets royal welcome home Current Affairs 0
TattooDog Gosport To Welcome Home 33 Field Hospital Current Affairs 0
soleil Pompey News: "Minehunter returns home to a warm welcome" The Fleet 0
B Germans Welcome home British Troops Current Affairs 1
rogerthecabinboy BZ Royals, welcome home Current Affairs 5
T Welcome Home the Heroes Campaign Current Affairs 0
brazenhussy Welcome home Current Affairs 4
N Welcome home HMS Edinburgh/ Exeter Crew. Nearest & Dearest 0
brazenhussy warm welcome home Current Affairs 2
L Welcome home lads, Some "ching ching" on the way perhaps? Current Affairs 2
N Good Luck Exeter.Welcome Home Edinburgh. The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS UK Internal Market Bill 'Welcome Move' for Northern Ireland Businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welcome to ODP Engage 2020 – it’s all about you! MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Keighley’s historic drill hall ready to welcome back cadets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency and Angling Trust welcome lifting of restrictions on recreational fishing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Simplified processes provide welcome boost for UK researchers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Strategic Command welcome new Deputy Commander MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Somalia: international partners welcome agreement between the Federal government and ASWJ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welcome new MHRA senior appointments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welcome interim Chief Executive Dr June Raine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK and Egypt welcome progress on trade talks MoD News 0
Sugar_Rush Interview- Advice and Tips very welcome Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
DontDrown TMU "Old War Story" Usual Boring Queries; but any advice most welcome! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Simon - Quest Magazine A WARM WELCOME (weather permitting) to the March issue of QUEST! The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
S Push-ups, sit-ups, sprints and burpees... welcome to the Royal Marines' gym Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
soleil North-West Evening Mail: "Barrow Crowds Welcome William And Kate To BAE Shipyard" Submariners 0
trelawney126 Liverpool gets ready to welcome new Carriers The Fleet 1
trelawney126 Foreign Student Welcome says Camoron Current Affairs 17
R i have my rt tuesday.. any tips are very welcome!! Diamond Lil's 10
soleil Defence Management Journal: "Wales 'Would Welcome UK Nuclear Fleet'" Submariners 2
MoD_RSS RNAS Culdrose to welcome Olympic Flame into UK Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Royal Marines return from Afghanistan to heroes' welcome Current Affairs 1
MG Maniac Dear United States, Welcome to the Third World! Current Affairs 3
MoD_RSS Portsmouth Naval Base staff welcome new road Current Affairs 0
soleil Patriot News (USA): Welcome Planned For Return Of Campbeltown Namesake's Ship's Bell The Fleet 7
P Getting ready for SIFT (mock attempt) constructive criticism welcome and appreciated Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
soleil Navy News: "Gulf Ships Welcome 2011 In Dubai" The Fleet 0
M Am i welcome. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
soleil HMS Quorn To Welcome Public Aboard In Ipswich This Weekend The Fleet 7
D Welcome to hell! The Quarterdeck 0
B Fetlar, and Welcome History 2
soleil "Cadets Welcome HMS Richmond As She Arrives In Cardiff" The Fleet 5
wanabedoc Cycle train/hippy bastards - angry rants & advice welcome Travel & The Great Outdoors 15
soleil BBC: "HMS Somerset to welcome people on board in Fowey" The Fleet 0
soleil "Naval Base Gears Up To Welcome Giant Carriers" Bases / Shore Est 8
Montigny_La_Palisse Welcome back Ron Jeremy Diamond Lil's 20
Passed-over_Loggie HM the Queen not welcome in Normandy Current Affairs 37
Good_CO Welcome to the RFA forum RFA 27