weights training at hms raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by penwaaballs, Nov 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello, just wandering if you could answer my question? im joining hms raleigh quite soon and i know there isnt a lot of free time to spare but im a very keen weightlifter and lift most days, i was just wandering when/if i have any free time ,after kit muster, is there any gyms with weights that im allowed to use during basic?? thanks
  2. The gym at Raleigh has a full weights suite, whether you'll have time to attend during Phase 1 is debatable.
  3. mate im in a similar boat to yourself, mind the pun, however ouldnt you use the opportunity to cut up whilst you will be doing alot more cardio. If not then i suppose sit ups press ups squats etc is all you will be able to do in the PT sessions.

At the end of the day its 9 weeks, get through it and you have 18 years of great gym equipment depending on your base, your strength may drop slightly but the amount of stuff your doing at raleigh i doubt it will be noticible and your body will probably be glad of a little rest and change in routine anyway
  4. You two will be perfect for the ammuntion RAS's.

Joking aside, there are plenty of weights located at the gym, both free weights and static machines. As Wrecker has stated, whether you get enough free time to use them is another thing.

Good luck to you both.
  5. It's all about the muscle memory.

I used to lift consistantly a lot more a few years ago, but even on low levels I can get myself to 1.5-1.75 times bw squat in maybe 2-3 months.
    My deadlift hovers at around that regardless (but my body might not be happy with the lack of prep).
  6. Spare time is almost non-existent during phase 1 as there are too many things to be done. Phase 2 however is very different and depending on your progress you will have plenty of time to do whatever fitness you feel that you need to do.

Oh and by the way, it's wondering
  7. He might have been walking around when he typed that :wink:
  8. My thoughts began to wander while I was wondering about whether he would be lifting those wonderful weights. :lol:
  9. It's like prison, you should improvise, get your oppo to lie on his pit and bench press him, I also recommend doing squats in the shower while holding your kitbag above your head.
  10. haha thanks guys and if you was "wondering" if i was wandering around my room writing this then am sorry to disappoint im just brad pitt at english!!!! looking forward to it and totally understand that there probably wont be any free time!! im looking forward to the cardio as im sure the p.t's will give us a beasting quite regulary!!!
  11. A beasting for baby Matelots

I wonder what that consists of?
  12. I would tell him but we dont want to spoil the suprise do we :wink: :D
  13. Coming up to Christams too

so could be double surprises then

ah, happy days.....................................
  14. Its all in the name.. BEASTing.
  15. Don't you mean BEE STING!

16. Free time at Raleigh? No such thing lol, you'll be spending it polishing boots or preparing your kit for musters on week 3, 5 & 7.

You'll have plenty of time for weight training at phase 2, especially at Sultan, just come off a right beasting! Hope you enjoy Raleigh & just remember it's not the "real navy" :wink:
  17. thanks alot. i thought there may have been a possibility that i could of sneaked half an hour a week in at least but as long as i keep my head down and get things done when told hopefully ill see phase 2!!!!