Discussion in 'RMR' started by frankieb, Apr 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have decided to go to uni whilst been a reserve and have just past my interview and got my medical soon. I am 57kg and my BMI is 19.5 will that be ok or do I need to put a few kg to get to 60kg the minimum weight for the regular marines and after uni do I have to do the full 8 months training to become a regular marine or can you join up straight away?
  2. Why didn't you ask the representative at the AFCO? Answers on here will vary no matter how simple the question is, genuine answers..ring the Navy Freephone.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's very simple really:

Minimum weight regardless of BMI is 60Kg upon entry.

You must also be within the correct height/weight/build BMI scale for entry. It is not uncommon for people to lose a few Kgs in the first few week of Recruit Training so even if you're over 60Kg, but borderline at the bottom end of the BMI scale due to height and frame size, the Medical Examiner may give you a target weight above 60Kg in order to be passed fit to join. He/She is the only person that can give advice to you specifically regarding your target weight.
  4. Sorry to ask this on someone else's post but what is the weight for the royal navy you have to be?
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The weight limits depend on your height & chest measurement. Try the BMI calculator.

There is no minimum weight for the RN as such, but you can be too tall for your weight!

(Mininimum height is 151.5cm)