weight?

I'm in the process of joining the RM myself and I came in with a BMI of over 30. Doc said I looked healthy enough but he wanted me to lose 3kgs (i'm 5.9 and 95ish kg's - 15 stone). Which is cool. I've been working to losing weight anyways so I'm not stress. As soon as its off I'm booking my PJFT. Wanna try and get to RT by Sept if I can.

Best advice I ever got. To lose mass - cardio, lots of and lean food (40% carbs 40% protein). To build mass - weight lifting and lots of protein, less cardio.

sandam said:
I'm in the process of joining the RM myself and I came in with a BMI of over 30. Doc said I looked healthy enough but he wanted me to lose 3kgs (i'm 5.9 and 95ish kg's - 15 stone). Which is cool. I've been working to losing weight anyways so I'm not stress. As soon as its off I'm booking my PJFT. Wanna try and get to RT by Sept if I can.

Best advice I ever got. To lose mass - cardio, lots of and lean food (40% carbs 40% protein). To build mass - weight lifting and lots of protein, less cardio.
I heard that Cardio is useless for burning calories. I'll only be doing it for fitness, but as for weight loss, it's great because you get to lose a lot of muscle too. But you won't burn much fat at all.

If you lose muscle, it's actually counter-productive because each 1lb of muscle requires 50 calories to maintain, so you're basically burning off stuff that'll help you burn calories.

The best way to lose fat is by hitting the weights to build some extra calorie consuming muscle and it'll also increase your basal metabolic rate (BMR). The higher your BMR, the more calories your resting body will burn per hour!