WEIGHT gain!!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by LFC1984, Sep 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone, just a quick question. Im about to start Raleigh in just over 2 weeks and ive just got on the scales and im just over 5kg heavier than i was at my medical, i was 91kg and now 96kg. The thing is ive been training religiously every day and feel well better for it but i need to know where i stand. Should i go on a mad diet and try and strip it down in 2 weeks or will i be ok. Thanks alot.
  2. You'll probably lose it quickly at Raleigh, and the extra fat can be turned into energy, you'll be ok.
  3. That's if it is fat - muscle weighs more than fat so if you've been training a lot then it's possible you've just put on some more muscle. The only thing you'd have to watch is what happened to someone else on here, can't remember who, but he is practically solid muscle so is overweight according to the BMI scale.
  4. ...lose 11 pounds in a fortnight?
    You'll be lucky!
  5. Im not solid muscle i have got a bit of fat but nothing that worries me to much. And if i needed to lose 11 pounds in 2 weeks i could i just dont want it to come to that because its not good for you.
  6. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

LFC 1984,
    As BI84 said, if you've been sticking to a strict training routine the chances are that much of your weight gain is down to muscle growth. This is to be expected, if you weren't much of a sporty type before. My advice would be not to worry. Keep up the training and continue to eat/drink sensibly.
  7. Not really I did the cereal diet and lost 2 stone in two weeks. Tis very possible
  8. Jesus...
  9. All depends on height as well. For my first medical I weighed 89kg and after 2 months training I had put on 3kg. During this time I was running 4 miles + and going the gym 3-4 times a week. All of the weight gained was purely muscle.
  10. Do you also happen to wear red swimming costumes a lot as well? ;)
  11. Don't worry about it. If you have been training and are physically well then you have no worries. I'm sure you are just about to enter long days and early mornings so you will need all the energy you can muster so do not diet before entering. It's been a long time since my basic training but I ate everything and burnt it off during the busy days. Relax and enjoy!
  12. If i dont lose the weight and go down to Raleigh heavier than my previous medical is there a very good chance that i'll be sent home.
  13. You could always try the Dodgy Kebeb diet.

Day 1
    1/2 Pink grapefruit
    1 glass skimmed milk
    250gm Special K

Morning stand easy
    Apple and a glass of water.

Cottage cheese on ryvita crisp bread and a glass of spirulina.

Lightly grilled chicken (Skin off) and salad

Out down the pub consume copious amounts of beer.

Trot along to Dinos Genuine Athenian Kebab shop.
    purchase 2 of Dino Specials with the works.
    Eat one immediately and save the other for...

Breakfast day 2
    Eat cold kebab.....

....wait a few hours and you'll be shedding those excess kilos quick smart in your toilet.

14. I didn't know that is the rules these days.... Seems a bit harsh especially if you pass your fitness tests (or whatever it's called these days) etc. My experience was at the Leadership School where a student would fail if he/she couldn't pass the mile and half run regardless of size. I'm still saying don't worry but I'm not highly qualified to quote the rules. Anyway good luck with all you do...... ENJOY
  15. Wet Blobby says.....Fat Twat, you'll make a great Matelot.

NZB Says Look who's fecking talking!!!!!
  16. I should of clarified; losing that much in a fortnight is possible in terms of weight, but not really possible for just fat alone.

Unless you maybe go on the plain water diet, and then you'll probably be dead by the time you get to go to Raleigh :rendeer:
  17. have u had your hair cut since the medical?.....

......Didnt think so that must be where the extra weight has come from.
  18. Ye Gods how? Please tell..would really appreciate it, and, has it lasted?