Weekly Motorbike Meet

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by brazenhussy, May 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For all the bikers on here in the Gosport area,
    there is a meet every Monday evening in Stubbington - normally a meet then a ride out then back to the pub!

They also arrange charity rides and events - contact Pete fror more detail on below number --

See you there, BH xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    The Red Lion
    Gosport Road
    Stubbington Hampshire PO14 2LD
    Tel: 01329 662003
  2. Last time I went for a ride starting in Gosport (well, Sultan to be precise) I wrecked my new bike and broke a finger :(
    A34 springs to mind, but can't quite remember.
  3. A32? Upto Alton- Odiham way? top run- bummer now the Little Chef has closed tho at West Meon!!!!!!!!
  4. Oh oh, I think it was East Meon!!
    Sharp Left hander coming into it, threw the bike over, but went too far and put the front wheel on the rim (oops) bike slid across the road with me following suit, and hit that medieval wall (the one with all the bike and car paint on it lol)
  5. yeah yeah know it well babe xxxxxxxx :D :D
  6. Cracking ride, I used to commute along it and coming southbound at 0700 it was pretty clear. Sure way to arrive at the dockside with a smile on my face.
  7. Used to love that ride, out on a sunday morning upto the little chef- coffee and sausage bap, then mad ride back to gosport!!
    was great fun!!!
    Dorchester bypass good giggle too!!!
  8. Such happy days on the old Kawasaki 900 Z1 having wrote off the Honda Four I decided to upgrade to the KWACKER.

It was the knob in the car behind who thought he could be King of the road so I decided to show him what this mean machine could do! It was the blue flashing lights and siren that then told me it was a unmarked cop car. Walking the pavements for a few months makes the power of observation more alert.

9. they caught me out like that hun - coming back from Weymouth on the M27 with OH and a few of the lads- realised we needed the next jucntion (junc 11) so up revs and off- didn't realise what the black volvo behind me was :oops: !
    The lads did and slipped off down the next sliproad and left me to face the music!! :evil: :evil:
  10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Do they still do the big meet on the Quay at Poole on a Tuesday night?
  11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

On leave in Southsea - might pop across for the meet (fat bloke in black on a Ducati Monster...) :lol:
  12. These are the sort of Anti-Social activites the Chief Constable Hants should know about. I will keep him updated.

13. sgtpepperband

Come on, join us! You might enjoy yourself... :lol:
  14. Wot and be the fat bloke on a Bantam next to the fat bloke on the Ducati.

15. sgtpepperband

Hehe, I may be built for comfort but I will be in front of you (doing 70mph of course...) :wink:
  16. Working this week otherwise I would the fat bloke on Bandit 1200

While we are talking bike things did you know the Royal British Legion has a Riders Branch almost 3years old and 470 members lowering the average age of the RBL quite dramatically :lol:
    The Branch will have a large stand and the RBL recruiting trailer at the Beauliu show next month
    For details click here www.rblr.co.uk
  17. Affirmative!!!
  18. sgtpepperband

I assume your talking about a bike meet, not dogging?!
  19. May pop along one evening. I went a couple of times last year, along with a few guys and girls from the South Coast Bikers Club.

I know the A32, A272 and A339 very well and enjoy an amble along there whenever the chance arises.

Pity they closed down the Little Chef at West Meon as it was a decent place to stop for a coffee. They do have a tea shack next to the West Meon Hut pub, but not quite the same.

Lookout for an old bugger on a black 06 FireBlade. :lol:

20. Just noticed on my stroll back from Gosport Legion club, the Kings Head pub on Brockhurst Rd are trying to do a bike night on thursdays @1900 onward not much space for parking though 20 bikes max

Will make the Red Lion soon shifts permitting

Poole Quay is still on tuesdays nights and getting bigger every year