Weekend leave during phase 1 and 2 training

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Stefan_grainger, Mar 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are you entitled to weekend leave during the training period in the RN?

Also if you have a partner but are not married are you still eligible for subsided accommodation on a naval base if we were to live together?

2. only if its at easter summer or xmas you usually get 2 weeks depending on the establishment. this is paid leave by the way. also in phase 2 if you live close enough to your base you can go home on weekends or so im told.

3. Hi Stefan,

I'm at Collingwood so can tell you what happens there. Not sure about other establishments.

You aren't allowed weekend leave during Phase 1 training. You get about 5 hours of shore leave on the Saturday of Week 8.

For the first 2 weeks of Phase 2 training, you have to remain on board at the weekends. Thereafter - the weekends are yours!

You can be returned to "weeks 1 and 2 routine" for any variety of offenses. You can also be given Saturday re-scrubs for failing to meet rounds standards.

4. By this I assume you mean a Married Quarter. The answer is NO. You have to either be married or in a civil partnership. You however will be entitiled to a very nice cabin with en suite facilities once you have left your basic training, and providing the establishment has them.
    All for a relatively small sum a month !!!!!!

5. Ok, thanks for the info

I'm staying with some friends at the moment and I'm not going to have a fixed address to go to after training so the cabin sounds ideal.