Week 7 kit muster after summer leave

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by DominateHumbly, Jul 19, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got pretty much the worst week after a summer leave period as I come back into a summer leave with my journey back to raleigh being 7 hours.

I am going to take all my kit home and sort it all out at home but trying to think of a way to bring it back relatively crease free. I was thinking of vaccum bags that suck out the air but has anyone else got any other ideas?

2. Don't use the vacuum bags; they weld the random creases in. Just come back early on Sunday afternoon and crack it all then. It's a bit like when you're at FOST to be honest!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm gona ask if I can change my rail ticket to Saturday then stay in travel lodge over night to then come back lunch time on sun. Thanks

4. You aren't the first to have to do this and won't be the last. It isn't recommended to take all your kit home as what would happen if you forgot to bring something back. Immediate fail for missing kit. The staff
    may let you place your kit inside plastic bags to keep it clean and dust free while you are on leave, I have known that to be allowed in the past. Like alfred said, come back nice and early and all you should really have to do is just check over your kit that you left.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  5. Sounds like a plan to me! And yes, get back early

P-P-P-P-P-P