wee question

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cmontheroyals, May 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. first of all hello to everyone out there.rite now down to business, this might be a bit of a stupid question but does anyone know are you allowed to take protein powders/shakes etc in the RN/RM? cheers in advance for any replies
  2. Why would you want to?
  3. The Royal Navy does not object to you wasting your money (and quite a lot of it!) on paramedical substances which may lead to minimal increase in muscle mass.

My theory about protein shakes is that if you're going to spend £30 on some foul-tasting stuff you're going to want to make the most of it. So you'll go to the gym more often than before. Surprise surprise - you'll get bigger quicker. Is it the protein shakes? Probably not. Just like me playing golf with super expensive golf balls: a PGA professional who already plays bloody well will get an extra couple of yards out of them - they're unlikely to change my game in the slightest.

Protein shakes are the same - for professional athletes who have people analysing everything they eat and poo out there may be a role for protein shakes. For the rest of us, it's a waste of money.

I'm now standing by for all the muscle bosuns out there to tell me how massive they got on deployment because of protein shakes, not because of training every day in the dogs.
  4. As long as any supplements are legal you can take what you want, however the galley usually provide a balanced dietary menu from which you should be able meet all your needs.
    Columbian Marching Powder is of course off the list of acceptable supplements.
  5. Haven't heard that for years. Brilliant! :rofl: I agree by the way AD, and offer some wiser and cheaper advice below;

Run. Run some more. Run up a hill. And down again. Many times. Press ups. Sit ups. Pull ups. Lots. Repeat to fade. ^_^;

That'll be £10.99 please. :thumright:
  6. Or grow up in Sarf london where the hills are steep steep steep and the Blades recruits were hot hot hot!! :thumright: :thumright:
  7. thanks alot for all the replys guys helped alot cheers!