Wedding (Groom) in Nos 1.

barny006

War Hero
I always thought white belt and gaiters etc was for guard of honour, wheel spanners, cutlasses, rifles etc forming an arch outside church.?????

Never, ever, ever heard of any matelot getting married in the rig which included, boots, belt and gaiters. WTF?
Have thing's changed that much in the past 50 years? Who thought that one up? Brasses and Blanco....I should Coco!!!

K640

War Hero
Seen the boots, gaiters, belt combo done and it looks gash in my opinion. Go for the white bow or nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AETCHF846

Got a suit too for later in the evening when the No1's get a little....restricting haha as they do. Mainly for photos the rig as i think they look smart.

What I did for my brother's wedding as his best man, (he's RFA hence the Fore and Aft rig as neither of us knew what RFA 1's were meant to look like for a rating), we originally both had belts on while the rest of the party wore no belts or gaiters), but he'd already had so much to drink by the time this picture was taken, he'd misplaced his lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dhobyitch

Lantern Swinger
I agree that the gaitors look shite so leaving them out sticking with minimal extra gear on top of my nos1's.
Looking at that photo, a shiny white plastic belt looks pap.
If you want to look like you're on parade... Fill your boots (negative gaiters).
White tape looks so... well, sailor.

instinct

Lantern Swinger

What I did for my brother's wedding as his best man, (he's RFA hence the Fore and Aft rig as neither of us knew what RFA 1's were meant to look like for a rating), we originally both had belts on while the rest of the party wore no belts or gaiters), but he'd already had so much to drink by the time this picture was taken, he'd misplaced his lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh dear N_M you have just outed yourself. See you wednesday night!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS MoD News 0
3 Joining the Royal Navy 11
MoD_RSS MoD News 0