Website down?

Been trying for weeks to submit my application to the royal navy online...every time I try to submit 'declaration and submissions' I just get submit failed or error 500.

I have tried the contact number and been told someone from IT will contact me...still nothing. Any ideas?

Spare_Rib

Lantern Swinger
@Ninja_Stoker Any news on when this’ll be fixed? Pretty threaders about the current EoI to GTS rates without hearing this too :( I’m sure it’s even more frustrating for you at the coal face.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
@Ninja_Stoker Any news on when this’ll be fixed? Pretty threaders about the current EoI to GTS rates without hearing this too :( I’m sure it’s even more frustrating for you at the coal face.
It's probably best I don't give the true answer about the whole debacle but we're pretty sure it will start impacting on intakes by March and we'll have a four week void of applications clogging the intake artery. Unless someone does the right thing pretty sharpish.

Beyond saying we have a fully functioning system which we cannot use and a system that doesn't work which we must use, that's about where we stand at the moment.

Supposedly the RAF have stopped all recruitment due to the new Capita system, will the navy do the same?

I re-applied for ET(ME) two weeks ago, and apart from the first "we got your application email", nothing. I haven't chased it up yet, as I know the system is causing problems, but do you think the change in system is the cause of this?

It's not so much a problem for me, but it must be frustrating for others who have applied and aren't aware that the system is broken.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Supposedly the RAF have stopped all recruitment due to the new Capita system, will the navy do the same?

I re-applied for ET(ME) two weeks ago, and apart from the first "we got your application email", nothing. I haven't chased it up yet, as I know the system is causing problems, but do you think the change in system is the cause of this?

It's not so much a problem for me, but it must be frustrating for others who have applied and aren't aware that the system is broken.
The Navy, like the RAF, have had to resort to manually processing applications in areas where the new system has no functionality.

There are significant snags with intranet bandwidth (which the previous system managed without issue) and the servers are seemingly wholly inadequate, but that's just the start of the list of defects which haven't been addressed in the four weeks since launch.

Applications have only just started filtering through today after four weeks cessation.

Best bet is to pop into your AFCO, like in the olden days.

Ask the staff what they think of the new recruiting system.... wear ear defenders.

Just from my personal experience I was meant to get my email for the application on the 13th November after I spoke to the careers advisor but the email just stated they were doing software updates, I got mine on 13th December, so if the website is down it might be because there has been a surge in applicants on it. I heard that although they application portal is online they are still updating it. So the only thing to do might be to keep waiting until they fix it.

Hello new to the forum,
My son has been trying none stop to submit his application for the Navy he too just keeps getting error 500.
I have contracted both the careers office who say not to come in because theres nothing they can do also i have contact the on line help desk know end of times and they are useless just stating keep trying,this has been going on for at least a month.
Any ideas seems capita have had the military over a barrel with this one