Weasel Words

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Billy Q, Apr 21, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Prime Minister Recognises ‘Extraordinary Service’ and ‘Sacrifice’

[​IMG]
    Prime Minister

“I am incredibly pleased that money from the Aged Veterans’ Fund has been allocated to support our nuclear test veterans. We should all be grateful for the extraordinary service of those who participated in the UK’s nuclear testing programme and the sacrifices they made to ensure our country could effectively defend itself during the Cold War and into the present day.

1. Hang on a minute, I'm just getting comfy......

OK, crack on.

2. How much money is available? Most of the "Grapple" vets have CTB, so who is going to benefit?

3. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

It's just rhetoric. The powers that be really don't give a damn. It's been 58 years since I took part in 'Grapple 'Y''. I'm one of the lucky ones. Apart from a series of heart attacks some years ago, I'm comparatively well. There are some horror stories out there.
    Excuse my being thick onions... what's CTB?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Caught The Bus
    Other euphemisms are available. :)

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Crossed the Bar

6. See :)

7. Fewer than 2,500 survive from the 22,000 Christmas Island veterans. The youngest is over 75.
    Most of the available money is being spent on further research establishing, presumably, just what the 20,000 died of.

8. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

The Mandarins of Whitehall will make sure that 'they' aren't to blame for anything.