Weasel Words

B

Billy Q

Prime Minister Recognises ‘Extraordinary Service’ and ‘Sacrifice’

Prime Minister

“I am incredibly pleased that money from the Aged Veterans’ Fund has been allocated to support our nuclear test veterans. We should all be grateful for the extraordinary service of those who participated in the UK’s nuclear testing programme and the sacrifices they made to ensure our country could effectively defend itself during the Cold War and into the present day.

(granny)

Banned
Book Reviewer
It's just rhetoric. The powers that be really don't give a damn. It's been 58 years since I took part in 'Grapple 'Y''. I'm one of the lucky ones. Apart from a series of heart attacks some years ago, I'm comparatively well. There are some horror stories out there.
Excuse my being thick onions... what's CTB?

B

Billy Q

It's just rhetoric. The powers that be really don't give a damn. It's been 58 years since I took part in 'Grapple 'Y''. I'm one of the lucky ones. Apart from a series of heart attacks some years ago, I'm comparatively well. There are some horror stories out there.
Excuse my being thick onions... what's CTB?
Fewer than 2,500 survive from the 22,000 Christmas Island veterans. The youngest is over 75.
Most of the available money is being spent on further research establishing, presumably, just what the 20,000 died of.

(granny)

Banned
Book Reviewer
Fewer than 2,500 survive from the 22,000 Christmas Island veterans. The youngest is over 75.
Most of the available money is being spent on further research establishing, presumably, just what the 20,000 died of.
The Mandarins of Whitehall will make sure that 'they' aren't to blame for anything.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Submariners 10
bigbaddog Submariners 321
C SCC and URNU 21