Wearing Wings with Police uniform?

arcticfox042

Lantern Swinger
There are lots of things that you are not allowed to wear on a Police officers tunic such as Para wings, Boy Scout sixer badges, Cycling awards, Red wings, Foreign awards.... I dont make the rules just pointing it out......

Where will it stop.......
JS.jpeg Prince.jpeg US Navy.jpeg

At the annual Submariners November Memorial Service on the Embankment I've spotted a couple of Police Officers (who provide security & marshal the traffic etc.) turn up wearing both Gongs and their Dolphins on their normal working rig, stab vests, weapons, etc.

[I spoke with one of them who regularly volunteers for that particular duty, and BZ'd him for showing that respect.]

Sad that the OP should be whining about mis-identified 'Wings/Police dress regs' on such an occasion as today, and himself being apparently a former Bootneck (Reservist?) too.

Did no-one ever tell him that the RMs form part of the RN?

Bob - Shakes head & exits stage left

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Wow, there genuinely are people who feel sufficiently aggrieved about uniform regulations on the day of a Police Constable's funeral, but cannot differentiate between a submariner's kissing kippers and parachute or pilot wings?

The initials FOC spring to mind. Have a ban on me.

repoman

War Hero
Wow, there genuinely are people who feel sufficiently aggrieved about uniform regulations on the day of a Police Constable's funeral, but cannot differentiate between a submariner's kissing kippers and parachute or pilot wings?

The initials FOC spring to mind. Have a ban on me.
I'm with you Ninja.