Wearing Wings with Police uniform?

arcticfox042

Lantern Swinger
There are lots of things that you are not allowed to wear on a Police officers tunic such as Para wings, Boy Scout sixer badges, Cycling awards, Red wings, Foreign awards.... I dont make the rules just pointing it out......

Where will it stop.......
JS.jpeg Prince.jpeg US Navy.jpeg

At the annual Submariners November Memorial Service on the Embankment I've spotted a couple of Police Officers (who provide security & marshal the traffic etc.) turn up wearing both Gongs and their Dolphins on their normal working rig, stab vests, weapons, etc.

[I spoke with one of them who regularly volunteers for that particular duty, and BZ'd him for showing that respect.]

Sad that the OP should be whining about mis-identified 'Wings/Police dress regs' on such an occasion as today, and himself being apparently a former Bootneck (Reservist?) too.

Did no-one ever tell him that the RMs form part of the RN?

Bob - Shakes head & exits stage left

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Wow, there genuinely are people who feel sufficiently aggrieved about uniform regulations on the day of a Police Constable's funeral, but cannot differentiate between a submariner's kissing kippers and parachute or pilot wings?

The initials FOC spring to mind. Have a ban on me.

repoman

War Hero
Wow, there genuinely are people who feel sufficiently aggrieved about uniform regulations on the day of a Police Constable's funeral, but cannot differentiate between a submariner's kissing kippers and parachute or pilot wings?

The initials FOC spring to mind. Have a ban on me.
I'm with you Ninja.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The knobhead was over on ARRSE having a melt down about his brutal treatment here.Priceless.:)
I know, I've reduced the length of the tariff because the squaddies started calling for him to be banned from arrse too. My sympathy lies with the squaddies not the op. :D

I know, I've reduced the length of the tariff because the squaddies started calling for him to be banned from arrse too. My sympathy lies with the squaddies not the op. :D
I noticed You offering to reduce His sentence here. Please tell Me You were joking?:p:p

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Having read frozen monkey or whatever's posts here and next door, I can only think what a fantastic person he must be to serve under.

He must have been badly traumatised as a sprog to develop into such a jobsworth.

repoman

War Hero
Insp breaking dress regs by wearing his wings on his tunic...........
Pull ya feckin 'ead in you tosser. He is obviously qualified, something you are obviously not, he is special, you are speshul,