Wearing the uniform in public

klgreload

Badgeman
I only found outdated threads dating back from 2007. So I wanted to start a new thread to see what other people think of wearing uniform in public. As well as what the rules and regulations are. As far as I'm aware the Navy encourages wearing the uniform in public. Just wanted to get a second opinion on this?

Assuming that you are still under training, do they still have Instructors & DO's etc who might be better placed to put you wise on such matters?

'But, but a Poster on RR told me 'twould be OK, Chief.' Is not quite what the Jossman or the Jimmy like to hear...

2nd Opinion? = Special events, Armed Forces Day, November Ceremonies, Weddings, Funeral of a Service Vet. perhaps - But only after first checking up with the folk mention above.

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
I only found outdated threads dating back from 2007. So I wanted to start a new thread to see what other people think of wearing uniform in public. As well as what the rules and regulations are. As far as I'm aware the Navy encourages wearing the uniform in public. Just wanted to get a second opinion on this?
Here is the policy when you left

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Here is the serving policy

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Wearing uniform in public The Fleet 70
A Wearing Wings with Police uniform? The Gash Barge 26
Norway Chris royal-marines-wearing-american-uniform The Corps 9
I Wearing of Relatives' Medals on Uniform Submariners 23
R Ex service members - Official wearing of uniform. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
A Wearing of Medal Ribbons on Officer No1 Uniform? The Quarterdeck 8
Welshy Teenage army cadets abused while wearing uniform.. Current Affairs 13
I sex offender walt wearing RM uniform The Gash Barge 62
S Wearing of uniform. The Quarterdeck 84
N Army Chief Apoplectic over Wearing Uniform, Gay Pride March Current Affairs 155
MoD_RSS Disabled people exempt from wearing face coverings under new government guidance MoD News 0
soleil Mail: "Real-Life 'Rocket Man' Wearing A Jet Pack Launches From ... HMS Queen Elizabeth" The Fleet 8
MoD_RSS Man overboard rescued off Dover 'was wearing lifejacket with good strobe light' MoD News 0
M Wearing commando flashes. The Quarterdeck 36
huwshpis National Hat-Wearing Day Diamond Lil's 17
gerrysurfs Wearing of dolphins and being PMU submarines Submariners 16
M CCF RN wearing CS95/MTP SCC and URNU 35
W Wearing of medals on civilian black tie The Quarterdeck 14
F Wearing of Jump wings The Gash Barge 33
Ninja_Stoker Women's Institute welcomes piracy victim wearing fancy dress Current Affairs 12
exspy Wearing the Green Beret (2011) by Jake Olafsen The Book Club 7
finknottle The wearing of poppies Current Affairs 48
J Ex Rm and the wearing of rig. The Corps 43
M Bandsmen Wearing Commando Beret The Corps 57
soleil Book: "Wearing The Green Beret: A Canadian With The Royal Marine Commandos" The Corps 3
G 40cdo wearing usmc threads instead of cs95? The Corps 10
T wearing medals The Quarterdeck 18
stan_the_man Wearing No1s after retirement The Quarterdeck 18
S Wearing of CS95 for Sea(Res) Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 75
O Wearing the Square Rig Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 41
P Commandos killed wearing wrong body armour Current Affairs 16
Stripey_G Wearing of Uniforms Current Affairs 102
L Wearing a kilt with Mess Kit... Social & Reunions 18
alfred_the_great RNR AWFP wearing FPGRM flash Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 19
T Persecuted for wearing a Poppy. The Quarterdeck 25
ET(MESM)whogivesafeck Muslim juror accused of wearing MP3 player under her hijab e Current Affairs 9
creeper Wearing Dolphins on mess undress Submariners 12
B wearing a suit during the interview? would it help? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
Mateytate Wearing ya cap straight? History 9
slim Dutch to ban wearing of Muslim burqa in public Diamond Lil's 29
RavingLunatic Uniform Woes RFA 11
D Help - Uniform ID Please History 17
C Uniform Help The Fleet 10
A Colours for the No.7 Tropical Undress Uniform circa 1938/9 RMR 2
soleil i: "'A Fitting Tribute': Second World War Hero's Uniform Pride Of Place On HMS Prince of Wales" History 2
MoD_RSS The Education Secretary's response to Lord Tyrie's letter about school uniform MoD News 0
B Exactly What uniform is given to you at hms Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
J WW1 RNR T Uniform Help History 10
Stokes12 Uniform and Equipment SCC and URNU 4
S Where to get new uniform items? RFA 10