Wearing of Uniforms

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Stripey_G, Mar 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yet more proof of how morally bankrupt this country has become under New Lie-bore. I'm sure that as the day proceeds, the Stovies will fill in with more details.

In the mean time, as Colonel Nathan R Jessup once put it, "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way."

Maybe the Communists of Peterborough should reflect on these words...
  2. Just how low can the Crabs go, no one except the service plod and the station CO seem to be aware of the problem, not the poloce not the council. Scuttling of sideways comes to mind.
  3. Its deplorable that the RAF (and RN +ARMY) should be restricted in the ability to wear the uniform. Do you remember recently that on our pay statements we had printed on them (Be seen in the community and wear your uniform with pride).

The RAF at Peterborough should be given praise rather than the derision they are experiencing.
    The folk of the UK generally are in support of the services (rightyly so) and the Govt seem to not give a flying (pun intended) f**k.

One day all this hate will land a backlash against us all and the day is not too far away until that comes.

Revolution (General election) is coming for Labour and i have bet that Labour will be ousted from power - I'd love to boot Gordon Browns arse out of 10 Downing street for all the crap he has presided over.

Again, another rant over - blood pressure increased!

MC Hammer said "you cant touch this!"
  4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

The closest comment yet to the reality Peter.
  5. I will be interested to know and I expect it will come out in due course, just who these abusers are.

I see the usual crap is being trotted out, 'It's all Gordon's fault' !
  6. According to the report on Radio 4 this morning, this was in response to a single incident of someone being 'verbally abused'. Once again the Crabs cover themselves in glory by running away rather than standing up for themselves.

Derek Twigg the Veterans Minister was also interviewd on 'Today' and his response was spineless, simply simpering about how he wanted people to be proud of wearing their uniforms, no clear assertive condemnation of anyone who might make negative comments or anything like it!

As usual Government tries not to upset anyone, but succeeds in upsetting many it seems.

7. My last paragraph was a touch sarcastic!

Off to bull shoes- oops"highly polish" is the phrase of choice!
  8. Buffer01: "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way."

Well said. Don't ask us and train us to go out and kill and then complain when we do.

When is the male, heterosexual, non-disabled (can I say that?), caucasian revolution starting? Will some one shake me please?
  9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

What happened to the Service ethos? Not so long ago there would have been a clear lower deck with everyone ashore in uniform the next night, problems would have been sorted as they came up.
  10. Parent of a Peterborough Sea Cadet claiming on a radio interview that his daughter and others, whilst waiting outside the Unit HQ on a parade night, had things like "murderers" shouted at them from passing cars!

No mention of ethnic origin of abusers. Is there a racial element? Or are they just Chav scum?

Cant help thinking that there is a sub text to all this. Watch the news for some sort of anouncement by politicians etc which will be linked to this.

Possible that this is just a smoke screen for something to be announced today.

You heard it here first................
  11. A plague on both their houses. The crabs for being spineless and cowering away, and the local yobs - no other word for it, even if they are ex-greenpeace, great hairy peacenik women - deserve to be dropped down a well.

Would love to hear from the Station Commander personally to see his train of thought and a description of the verbal abuse.
  12. Guess being an old fart now and not keeping up with the "modern" Navy, this may be a dumb question......isn't it compulsory for ratings (of all services?) to have to wear uniform ashore while under training??

Just wondered...........
  13. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Bit of an assumption in these modern times ^~
  16. Assumption, conjecture and irrelevant.[/quote]

What is.

Or more importantly what is you point.....
  18. What is.

Or more importantly what is you point.....[/quote]

The comments assuming it was a) someone from an ethnic minority b) a foreigner c) an immigrant, etc. For all we know, it was simply an oik, or a mindless bully. Stirring up xenophobic hatred is not the point of this thread.
  19. Read my post (again)......