Wearing of Relatives' Medals on Uniform

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by ianmickey, Aug 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Did 18yrs (sprog..i know! lol) and during all that time, believed that when wearing 1s on parades where medals were worn, you were allowed to wear the medals of your dad/grandfather on the RIGHT hand side. Unable to prove either way by Regs but a mate was recently pulled up - apparently you can only do this when in civvies???

anyone know?

Thanks

Ian

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Wear on the right if in civvies if you feel the need.

Never seen it done in uniform..... Why would you?

3. I agree, why would you?....it was just the fact that I had thought I seen it done before on Rememberance Parades and yet it appears to be not allowed......my buddy got pissed off about it but then again he's a skimmer lol...as as submariner I have f*** all to wear! :) Thanks for the reply.

4. That was probably me mate. I have so many medals myself that I have to start from the right and move entirely across the front of my body.
    I haven't earned them; I like to walt it up BIG time.

5. I recall reading about some Walt wearing a green lid and medals for his dead father in law. If you viewed a war widow/widower wearing medals walking with her/his son/daughter that I can undestand.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

7. Ninja_Stoker

Sorry, I'm busy buying a few VC's off eBay to wear in November & haven't got time to faff.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks to everyone and just in case you were thinking it, I meant absolutely zero offence to those who have earned their medals and to the friends and relatives (me included) of those who have lost their lives. Max respect to all affected and involved in current ops.

9. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You could always ask this bloke. He knows a thing or two about tin it would seem.

[​IMG]

10. Ninja_Stoker

That guy should go to prison for impersonating a member of the British monarchy, Idi Amin & a recruit in the US Navy.

Simultaneously.

A good example of vajazzle.

11. Where did you learn that word, Ninja, where did you learn it?!!

What have you been reading ...........? :lol:

12. Ninja_Stoker

Which, simultaneously?

13. No, 'Navy'. . . Everyone knows you're an RAF recruitment Officer.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ouch.......

15. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Is that photo for real or is it a photoshop? Please tell me its a photoshop?

16. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sadly it's real. Good eh?

17. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Oh sweet jesus! Does he have no shame - he's got SF wings / blazer / beret and the VRSM knock off?

18. Ninja_Stoker

Jeez, that's me rumbled this November then. :sad: