Wearing Dolphins on mess undress

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by creeper, Apr 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are normal size dolphins used on mess undress or are there smaller ones available to better suit the size of miniture medals?

Cheers deeps

2. As far as I can remember.......................

Normal size
  3. The normal size ones are too big, have to get mini ones - I got mine from that tailors in Pompey next to Nelson WR
  4. Got to be the proper ones ....anyone can buy the small ones.....proper ones have to be earned
  5. You can wear the propper ones but thr miniature ones look a lot tiddlier with the miniature medals.
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

7. Cheers
  8. I concur, the small ones are just known as sweethearts medals.... 8)
  9. Miniture Dolphins with Minature Medals, get em fron the submarine museam and give the profit back to the boys who work hard to preserve our history............
  10. Didn't think of there, popped in a couple of weeks back when I was at Hasler, should of got some then, mind you I stayed in the mess at Dolphin (fort blockhouse) and there was only the barman and 3 guys in the mess in the evening and they were watching some pish on the TV in the main bar :roll: sad to see our old home looking so desolate and unloved.
  11. Bet Sylve dont work in the PO's mess any more 8O
    Happy days

geoff(ers) :?
  12. OK I will bring it up again why would anybody wear a gold colour brooch of a fish, well Dolphins do not have scales, which was perpetrated on the Submarine Service as a sick joke in the 70's?

13. They`re not fins.....they`re bubbles