Weapons Engineering Officer (submariner)

Jbog01

Hi,

I have booked my NRST and interview soon and I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice for the interview - questions etc?

Also if anyone has any insight on being an weapons engineer officer it’ll be greatly appreciated!

pompeyexpat

War Hero
I can't really offer any advice on the interview, beyond do your research on the job, because I joined as a Weapon Engineering Mechanic so wasn't interviewed for an Engineer Officers job. I am however now a Submarine Weapon Engineer Officer so might be able to offer an insight into the role.

Are there any particular questions you might have?

Jbog01

I can't really offer any advice on the interview, beyond do your research on the job, because I joined as a Weapon Engineering Mechanic so wasn't interviewed for an Engineer Officers job. I am however now a Submarine Weapon Engineer Officer so might be able to offer an insight into the role.

Are there any particular questions you might have?
Just a general background if I’m honest from a personal experience. I understand you can get most from the RN website about the job but I just want to know if it’s a good field to go into? Do you enjoy it? What are you main responsibilities day to day? And are you always based in the submarine or are you mostly based onshore?

Latest Threads