Weapons engineer question.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Bradcfcstone, Apr 21, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I'm 15 and going to start my navy application soon. My first choice I'm going to put down is ET(WE) and was wondering, on the test you do when joining (I'm not sure what you call it but the army equivalent is BARB) what is the pass mark for weapons engineers or marine engineers? Also I found out when I was younger that I'm red/green colourblind and that this could effect me joining the navy. I think I'm CP4 or CP3, but my question is what CP grade is required for weapons or marine engineers?

Thanks, brad.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

ET(WE) & ET(ME) are both CP4.

Unless you know which questions you have answered correctly, knowing the precise Recruit Test scores required will not ensure the individual will score any better than a person not knowing. It goes without saying the higher you score in each section, the bigger the range of technical jobs that are available. You should therefore aim to score maximum marks, but no less than 66% correct in each section.

Best o'luck.

3. Thanks for the reply, would you be able to tell me the other roles available to people with either CP4 or CP3 colourblindness?

Thanks.

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Type eyesight into the search box (top right) you may find something to assist there

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

ET(WE)CIS CP3,
    ET(ME) CP4
    NA(AH) CP3,
    NA(SE) CP3,
    Logs Chef, Steward, Supply Chain, Writer CP4,
    Naval Nurse, MA, Dental Nurse CP4,
    Diver, Sea Spec, WS, WS(MW), WS(HM) CP3

All submariner equivalents are the same.

6. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1