weapons engineer drafts?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Rob-p, Mar 31, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After alot of thought have decided I want to go the WE route as a rating (ships) I'm curious where I could be based after phase 2. I'm single but my sons in Edinburgh so makes sense to be close however I understand I will go where I'm needed but if somebody enlighten me to where I could be put or options I may have please?
  2. More than likely, a ship in Portsmouth or Plymouth to start with. You may get asked which area of the two but that would be about it. Even that is not guaranteed

After your first ship, other options may become open to you - small ships in faslane maybe.
    But again, majority of the drafts for you would be Pompey or Plymouth. Your training will be in the Pompey area
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As you are probably aware, ET(WESM) is much more likely to get a Scottish draft.
  4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

The carriers are in Rosyth. They won't be forever and Queen Elizabeth will be in Pompey by the time you're through the system and in the Fleet but Prince of Wales will still be outfitting in Rosyth if the latest timetable is accurate.
  5. Cheers guys pompey looks a good shout if could get drafted to the Queen Elizabeth. would rosyth be similar to faslane in the sense the option could be there after my first ship? I have really considered going boats but especially at the start of what I hope to be my career I don't want to miss out on seeing anything maybe interesting to do once I've got that out the way be more settled