We don't like each other very much

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by phil1972, Feb 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After a weekend of silence, the RNR thread today found out we don't like each other very much. Do you have RNR friends, or is it all just a bit of a chore?
  2. Oh, yes. It really is such a chore! I really cannot tolerate the squares in our mess who are all such uninteresting company!

JOKES! :lol:

Actually, some people might consider this as rather tragic, but attending my unit is the highlight of my week, and hence it is terribly distressing to me if I for whatever reason am obliged to be absent for a time. My messmates are all a smashing bunch of oppos who have really helped me out when I needed them. I would only hope that one day when I'm not such a poverty-stricken undergraduate I'll be able to return the favour.

And its not just restricted to my shipmates! When I've gone on exercise or weekend training, I still have a swell time with the men and women that I'm working with. Whether they be regular or reserve, I've never insofar met a matelot that I took a dislike to, and touch wood I never will.
  3. I think it's just Jim30 that nobody likes much!
  4. "I think it's just Jim30 that nobody likes much!"

Oh do fcuk off you pathetic cnut.
  5. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Ooooh, she's in a mood :lol:
    Mabe that lack of humour is what makes you such an outcast?
  6. You spelt '****' and '****' incorrectly, Jim30. You look like an idiot when you get such simple words wrong.
  7. Actually its force of habit - the old system used to block such words unless spelt like that. I didnt realise that the system had been altered.

A look at Arrse would show that many posters have done the same over the years.

I still stand by my view though.
  8. On the other hand, the general response to your comments does appear to leave you very much on your own in your opinion.
  9. have i missed the hnabdbags at dawn yet.

your right JIM30 - i cant get my system to accept the holdall that women carry everywhere.

its becasue im in on her login.
  10. for an officer i am disgusted at your attitude and language - and total lack of respect for ratings - - - -
    as a JR I can honestly say at least with talk with respect and try to give respect even if we disagree - u sure you're an officer??!!!!!
  11. I thought officers were taught not to trust or respect ratings?
  12. No, just which knife and fork to use :wink:
  13. Dont they have flunckies to tell them as they eat?
  14. I don't really think that Jim30 doesn't respect the junior rates in general, but moreover he just doesn't like us because we all disagree with him on his last thread. That and his lack of social-adeptness probably prompted his rude and verbally abusive reply.

My only hope is that he does not ever talk in that fashion to anybody in person. Effing and blinding on at someone in a public forum post is distasteful enough, but fortunately his anomynousity will protect him from losing our respect (unless of course, anyone knows his real identity). But I know that certainly for an supposedly 'superior' officer to tell a rating to "Do f**k off, you ****" would probably result in the said officer being charged.
  15. well...I liked one of my colleagues enough to marry them! For a bit! Amazing wonderful person, still a mess mate and dear friend. :)

Thought for the day on a not-very-closely-related topic: it's bizarre how people on websites/message boards end up talking to each other as we (hopefully) never would IRL....funny, isn't it? Why is that?
  16. 15 mean and on a dead mans chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.