Watching the ships go by.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Rodgersthecabinboy, Jun 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I came across this site the other day and thought I would pass it on,its probably been out there for years,but still,not everyone is up to speed on the net.:slow:

If your like me and spend quite a lot of time at the coast,occasionally you look out to sea and think,what the fcuk is that! Well if you have internet access on your phone,this site will tell you in real time.

ShipAIS

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. That's an interesting find and seems to work really well. The only snag seems to be a lack of Pusser's grey war canoes. I'm hoping this is because the RN does not subscribe to a site where all and sundry can see where HM's top secret machines are, as opposed to the RN only having two rubber dinghies and a Wayfarer left.

3. I am afraid its the latter,I found the site whilst trying to identify a Minehunter that was sheltering from last weeks gales in the Northwest,turned out to have been H.M.S. Hurworth. Also had a quick look at Pompey and could see that Diamond was alongside,so they do come up,its just that we do not have much of a navy anymore.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  4. Also the below link. HM Ships sometimes have it on in harbour and close to coast in Guzz and Pompey and Faslane, but turn it off when off to sea. You can set up quite a lot of HM Ships in your own log thingie. Have to register to set up your own "Fleet" but it's free and quick.

Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions