watch.jpg

Bought one of these from Naval Air Station El Centro BX (Winter training for the Blue Angels). Got a cracking deal and they reckon that all the ones in store have been flown in one of the aircraft (have a little certificate with it). Don't wear it much and its quite a heavy lump of metal, and I scratched the bezel.

But at least I can calculate fuel loads :)

Like Sumo I have a habit of breaking watches, they never lasted long in the engine room. I stick to a £30 Timex, works fine, tells the time without any noticeable loss of minutes and doesn't matter if/when I break it/lose it as I just go and get another.

View attachment 27491

Bought one of these from Naval Air Station El Centro BX (Winter training for the Blue Angels). Got a cracking deal and they reckon that all the ones in store have been flown in one of the aircraft (have a little certificate with it). Don't wear it much and its quite a heavy lump of metal, and I scratched the bezel.

But at least I can calculate fuel loads :)
Mrs S has a Citizen Eco, her second one, looks nothing like that :D

clonmel

Lantern Swinger
OK, serious answer.

Go onto flea-Bay and order two of these (one for daily use and one as a battle spare).

Spend an hour learning to work the thing.

The total cost, postage included, will likely be no more than £20 and the watch itself will last you f***ing YEARS.

As you progress in your career, the money will become available (after a few deployments) for that snazzy Omega or whatever it is you want, but for the moment the watch described above will be more than sufficient.

Edited to add: And if it was good enough for OBL himself, then it's plenty good enough for an infidel like you...........

Last edited:
OK, serious answer. Go onto flea-Bay and order two of these (one for daily use and one as a battle spare).

The total cost, postage included, will likely be no more than £20 and the watch itself will last you f***ing YEARS.

As you progress in your career, the money will become available (after a few deployments) for that snazzy Omega or whatever it is you want, but for the moment the watch described above will be more than sufficient.

Edited to add: And if it was good enough for OBL himself, then it's plenty good enough for an infidel like you...........

Water resistant watch for a water adverse OBL.

Good choice for a cheap and cheerful timepiece for Raleigh.

Off watch is the best watch!
Being serious though, I've had a Timex Explorer for years, lightweight, waterproof, just about indestructable. Wear it to work every day, and out on the bike, shooting or whatever, brill watch totally reliable. Posh watch? Seiko divers, weighs a ton, loses about 2 minutes a month, owned since the '70's. Part with it? Never!

I always found the strap was the weak part - plastic ones used to snap after a while.
But then I got a one of the pussers watch straps to fit the watch to - lasted donkeys years.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
OK, serious answer.

Go onto flea-Bay and order two of these (one for daily use and one as a battle spare).

But I'm guessing the OP is under 70 :cool::D