Wasp over Pompey??

Today took Mrs Spidiver and the junior Spidivers down to Pompey for a rather jolly time. Whilst doing the little Blue Boat round the dockyard cruise I'm sure I saw a Wasp helo flying over towards Gosport.

Does Pusser even own a picture of a wasp let alone a real life airworthy one, or maybe it's a civvy? anyone know

Cheers

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I flew in the last operational one in '87, during a CROSSPOL between HMSs Bristol, Rothesay and Euryalus. I saw a very well preserved Wasp at the Sultan Show a few weeks ago too.

However, I was most concerned when I saw an Apache flying low over my house near Stokes Bay on Monday..! :shock:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Haha, possibly NG! I visited there a couple of weeks ago; very informative display, and I had a good natter with the voluntary staff there (inflated the coffers by buying a few gizzits too...) :thumbup:

:laughing2: Nice one NG ....Who is the old and bold aircrewman dangling out of the back???? hope he has his dispatcher harness on!!!:sleepy2: Ps why no strike sight??

Last edited:
Scouse - Don't ask me. I just used the widget to work out the right course and speed for launch/recovery and said, "OOW approved". I was also given the occasional lift ashore/to other ships for liaison duties.