Washing

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Merlin28, Mar 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do you wash a woolly pully?

2. With water

3. and washing powder !!!!

4. not in the washing machine then?

5. Washing machine - WASHING MACHINE what the fecks wrong with a sink and hands !!!!

6. :pottytrain1: Yes, on the wool wash cycle, you chimp

7. Thought so but I was told not to just in case it shrinks

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Take it back to Slops, and change it for a clean one...

9. Some woollies can be washed in a washing machine; if they can, it says so on the label, so look at that. If it says Machine Washable put it in on its own with some gentle washing liquid (for colours) and turn the dial to the wool setting.

If this is the first time, try hand washing it. Put some lukewarm water into a bowl and a capful of Stergene in with the jumper. Leave it for about an hour, squeezing the suds into the jumper now and then; tip the water away, rinse jumper in fresh water and then gently squeeze as much water from the jumper as you can with your hands; now lay a towel flat, put the jumper on it and roll it in the towel to get a little more water from it.

Final stage is to dry it flat, regardless of how it was washed; you can get little flat drying nets which go over the bath, if you need to.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  10. sgtpepperband

Great - another "Rouge Derriere" who needs wrapping in cotton wool and having his hand held through life... :roll:

Washing instructions for all Pusser's kit is on the attached label. If you can't understand the label then you're a moron. And if you have the CDF to post your question in RR, then perhaps you could've obtained a more appropriate anwer from Google, rather than asking silly questions just to boost your post count..? :?

11. We don't have much in our slops, alot of our stuff is out of issue. For instance we have black issue court shoes, I assume it's because we used to have marine cadets.

12. Thanks sol

13. There was no label in it.

14. sgtpepperband

Then read the rest of my post. Or ask your Mummy.

15. And folk knock us Ganges and Raleigh ratings of days gone by!!! At least we knew how to dhoby our kit.

Ye gods Merlin28, didn't they teach you anything in training or isn't it taught these days as mummy is only on the end of a mobile!!!!!!

16. No I haven't done any training, I am a new volunteer at my local sea cadets. I am still waiting for my phase one date.

17. sgtpepperband

'Nuff said... :oops:

[​IMG]

18. For me - forgiven. But one hell of a dawkish post on a site such as this.

19. Finally Sea Cadet who doesn't think he knows it all.